Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Forum Charter - Updated 18/04/2004 - Read before posting

• 18-04-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Soccer Board Charter - Read This First!

The Soccer Board is now a restricted access board. Your access here is a privilege and can be withdrawn if you do not adhere to the rules.

This board is for talking about anything even vaguely related to Soccer. It’s as simple as that really.

• Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at groups of fans or sports personalities people will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit. Occasions of personal abuse against another board member will result in a one week ban and if persistent a permanent ban. If a permanent ban occurs and if the user banned was sponsored by existing soccer board members they will be banned for a month. If they have a second recommended member banned then they will be banned permanently as well.
    The basic rule is keeping it civil; you can have friendly banter without resorting to personal abuse.

• BTW Scum is an abusive term, just in case you may have thought otherwise.

• Posts relating to other sports should be directed to the specific relevant board or if one doesn’t exist, the Sport board.

No posting of any scores in the subject line. Such posts will be deleted as soon as they are seen. Remember some people still record matches to watch later. Also please user a spoiler tag to indicate the thread contains scores

• Off topic posts will be edited, closed or moved to the Recycle Bin without warning.
    • No commercial posts unless they are sanctioned by the admins. Posts will be removed and users banned if these occur.
    • If you are considered a disruptive influence by the moderators or the admins your access to this board will be removed.

If you have any questions on these rules please Private Message the moderators.

New Users
    New users will have to apply to gain access to the board in a sub forum under the soccer forum. They will have to be members of boards.ie for 1 month and have 2 existing soccer board members who have been registered members of boards.ie for at least 6 months vouch for them.
    Please be careful in whom you vouch for, if they cause trouble and are banned then you will be banned as well. This restriction lasts for the first 3 months of their membership of the board.

08/03/2005 Charter updated regading abuse at fans, baords members and sports personalities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by gandalf
    Please be careful in whom you vouch for, if they cause trouble and are banned then you will be banned as well. This restriction lasts for the first 3 months of their membership of the board.

ah, this answers my quesion from feedback.

so for 3 months they are your responsiblity and then the umbilical cord is cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I just got a PM from someone I've never seen on boards asking me to vouch for him. Looking through his posts, he has never posted on the soccer board so I wonder why he wants to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I know , ,this charter was revised some time ago now , but looking through it quickly it seems u have taken away the bit where we are allowed outbursts of personnel abuse about David Beckham :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

With regard to a recent banning of a poster in the Chelsea V Man United thread in the Soccer forum I would like to know why the sponsors of the banned user have not also received a ban ??

Recently a user that I sponsored was banned for 2 weeks and although it wasn't mentioned in the charter I too got a ban for a similar period, an issue I raised with talla at the time which lead to the charter being altered rather than my ban be deemed wrong and lifted!

I wish no ill will towards the sponsors of the banned user but I do feel that under the circumstances I was unfairly treated. The charter is used like a book of law at will when someone steps out of line - and rightly so of course - but to be law it must be consistently applied. The charter also says the sponsor of a twice banned poster will be permanently banned too.

What are your views ??

R-N-B

Advertisement