Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lip piercing and teeth

• 18-04-2004 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

i wanna get a labret stud in my lip in the centre but i hear they can hit off your teeth and break them.. my teeth aren't that strong so i'd be really scared that this would happen.. is it true and what are the odds of it happein?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Firstly, you can minimise the risk by using a good piercer! As long as the position is right and you change the bar when the swelling goes down there shouldnt be any problems, my labret piercing actually sat below my teeth, so if it were to hit anything (which it didnt because my jewellery was the right size) it would have been my gums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

if you do get it done just be warned that the metal will eventually wear down your teeth.
    I have my tongue pierced and now my teeth are gone all soft thanks to it(11 fillings tbh),
    Dont get me wrong,its a damn cool piercing,id love to have one myself,but as is the danger with any mouth piercing it will hit off your teeth and damage them.
    If you get a plastic backing for you piercing it shouldnt do much damage but it will be easier to snap if you accidentally bite down on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

I've had my lip piercing in for about 8 months not and i've had very few problems with it, despite having big lips.

Don't get me wrong, u'll bite down on it all the time in the first few weeks but u get used to it eventually.

Dragon ninja's right when he says that it shouldn't even be touching your teeth at the back. should hit the wee gum bit underneath if u get a good piercer.

Even when I changed my bar to a ring a few months ago and it sits flush to my lip so it doesn't hit my teeth at all.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

I second the good piercer idea.

Though if you get a labret stud it miht start eroding at the gum over time. that happened to mine little, its not a huge problem but if that happens, a fishtail or cutback stud should minimise the risk or erosion.

Its all in the placement, and if the jewellerys too big, thats what breaks teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

I've had mine for nearly three years, I changed it quickly from a ring to a stud and have had virtually no probs except my gums have 'eroded' some, not noticible really at all. My tongue caused me more hassle than my labret.

Go to a good piercer though! please :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement