Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golden Maverick today

Options
  • 18-04-2004 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

The Golden Maverick
    Tunes from today (Sun) 5 - 7pm GMT
    Every Sunday
    www.PowerFM.org

1. ring my bell - anita ward - classic wedding tune that always gets the gals on the dancefloor. cheesey as the smell of a cheesemonger

2. don't go - yazoo - this was on the 'upstairs at erics' album from donkeys years ago. it's a really nice synth pop tune in my humble opinion

3. somebodys watching me - rockwell - another eighties tune, this time with the unique wacko jacko on backing vocals.

4. i saw this bloke - derek & clive - dudley moore and peter cook talking some very funny ****e.

5. put on your ****kickers - house of pain - lesser known tune by the original plastic paddies. shamrocks and shenanigans ahoy!

6. rush comin on - shut up & dance - taken from the very peculiar 'black men united' album.

7. renegade snares - omni trio - classic jungle tune from back in the days when i had the energy to dance.

8. ralome - plaid - features on the 'restproofclockwork' album and is a good example of plaid at their finest.

9. good bait - nina simone - starts really slowly with Nina on the piano and then the tune kicks in a little later, you'll get it on her 'little girl blue' album that was reissued recently.

10. 123 heart - tim koch - this was released on defocus records in 2001 when the label was in its prime. great stuff from mr koch on his 'shorts in alaska' album.

11. asfalt al ataljee - pastacas - this chap is from a log cabin somewhere in estonia. the fresh air is doing him good cos this is brilliant

12. captain soul - the byrds - a funky tune from their otherwise spacey and brilliant 'fifth dimension' album.

13. it must be love - madness - written by labi siffre and performed by the nutty boys

14. kemistry (vip mix) - goldie - named after the now deceased dj kemistry, long time friend and colleague of goldie.

15. murder she wrote - chaka demus & pliers - nice old dancehall tune from two reggae stalwarts.

16. my boy lollipop - millie - original 1964 7" for your listening pleasure.

17 zorro - the observers - great dub tune that steams along at a great pace.

18. this is the sound of the undeground - krome & time - old hardcore/breakbeat classic. blow your whistles and your horns.

19. further out - sonz of a loop da loop era - more rave madness.

20. roll the beats - dy hype featuring gq - original junglistic styles.

21. strange behaviour - roots manuva - from his debut 'brand new second hand' long player.

22. she's alive - outkast - one of the slower slinkier numbers from 'the love below'.

23. slowly surely - jill scott - from her debut 'who is jill scott', more like, where is jill scott.

24. it takes tea - mc pitman - freaky **** from a mining town.

Advertisement