Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ellison9 E.P. LAUNCH, THE VILLAGE 2ND MAY

Options
  • 18-04-2004 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

hey all,

here's some details of our forthcoming e.p. launch. it was recorded over the last few months and contains the songs 'wake up', 'let's be machines', 'shifty eyes' and 'shaking the moon'. it will be available to buy on the night and from road, city discs, tower etc...

ELLISON9
    'GO DOWN' E.P. LAUNCH
    THE VILLAGE,
    SUNDAY, 2ND OF MAY
    DOORS 8PM
    TICKETS : 9 EURO

plus special guests: LIFE AFTER MODELLING AND 66E

will post some blurby bull**** when i've more time!

cheers der

http://www.ellison9.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Really looking forward to this, and th66e supporting?! Feckin' great news!!!
    Heard 'Wake Up' on Phantom earlier, and was singing along going 'how do I know this??!'
    Great stuff! :D
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

cool memeave. i have a funny feeling you'll particualarly like the cover of the ep.

everyone -

we also play a ucd architects faculty gig with the chalets , rep. of loose , lack lustre tomorrow (tues. 20th) from 7 in ucd.

and then later tomorrow night - the ruby sessions birthday do upstairs in doyle's with (methinks) npb and liam o'maonlai.

we'll have a few advance copies of the ep at the rubies if anyone wants to to get their sly advance mits on them.

busy bees ain't we?

RE: THE UCD GIG.

chalets and the loose have had to pull out o this. giraffe running play instead.

it rock n rolls on in the school of architecture . the ranelagh, clonskeah road end of ucd. number 11 bus.

it is free in.i think.

Originally posted by der
    cool memeave. i have a funny feeling you'll particualarly like the cover of the ep.

Ah, I'm all curious now.....is Brian Molko on the cover??? :confused:;)
    Originally posted by der
    we'll have a few advance copies of the ep at the rubies if anyone wants to to get their sly advance mits on them.
    [/B]

Won't make it the other gigs unfortunately, keep me an especially nice one. With Brian Molko on the cover. :D

Oh, and check your pms.

xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

This EP is really quite excellent - therefore this gig should also be good; what with the combination of gig and EP release concept n' all.

Should be a review up on iris over the next week or so. Theres a big back-log of stuff at the moment due to some admin improvements on the site - apologies to anyone frustrated by this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I might just add that Derrick and a few of the Ellison 9 lads (and lassie maybe?) will be in with me for a chat and a few choo-ins this Monday. Just in case you didn't have enought o be joyous about, with the EP release and the gig etc.

So, in plain language, that's

10pm, NEAR fm 101.6
    26th April.

It's the last week of April already??? Jesus Christ.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by roxy
    I might just add that Derrick and a few of the Ellison 9 lads (and lassie maybe?) will be in with me for a chat and a few choo-ins this Monday.

Roxy, be careful; with the EP release now imminent Derrick has started asking people to pronounce his name properly - apparently something like the German pronunciation "die Reich".... wierd I know but thats Devinio for ya':rolleyes:

good looking tickets for this are now available from Road Records, Fade Street. priced 9 euro. below is some bluuugh about all three bands.

ELLISON9

http://www.ellison9.com

Dublin-based 7-piece band ellison9 derived their name
    from (amongst other things) a care unit in an American hospital for people with serious heart defects.
    Counting acts such as Calexico, Nick Cave, Wilco, Elliott Smith and dEUS
    amongst their influences, Ellison 9's Americana-tinged sound places quiet,
    gently plucked guitar numbers alongside louder rock-ier moments. Dark,
    intelligent lyrics and melodies combine with off-kilter guitar lines,
    bass, drums, violins and even the occasional blast from an orchestral
    trumpet.

Ellison 9's 4 song E.P. 'Go Down' (out on the 30th april on their own label - Goodship Records) marks a significant shift in direction for the band. The record sees the band trade in the predominantly acoustic approach of old for an edgier, more electric-guitar based sound.

LIFE AFTER MODELLING

Life After Modelling are not exactly what they seem.

Having never modelled in the literal sense of the term they instead chose the name as a way to represent a positive outlook on the future and hence disregarding all that went before as a rehearsal for what’s to come.

Drawn together by a 3B pencil and the love of those seminal indie rock and roll bands of the mid to late eighties, Bennie Reilly, Mark Palmer, Daragh Keogh and James Byrne began Life After Modelling in the Spring of 2003.

The songs sway from the vulnerable and insular to the empowered and assured in the bat of an eyelid, making for a highly emotive yet unnerving experience.

Welcome to Life After Modelling.

http://www.catchygogo.com/lam/

66E

Formed in 2002 the 66e, formerly the 66 electric, are a four piece band with members hailing from Dublin’s Northside and from Scotland.
    Determined not to conform to a static line-up all four members are multi-instrumentalists with Ed Cullen’s startling voice forming the focal point of the band’s sound. A sound that is dynamic and diverse with a reassuring warmth and tenderness. The live setup mixes together guitars with analogue synth sounds and samples, providing a set that is refreshing and unique amongst today’s retro wannabies.

The 66e have two releases to date the critically acclaimed “I died in a movie” EP and a split A-side single “Scrambled Pictures/Ends”. An eagerly awaited debut album “Fall down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight” is due out in Summer 2004.

Am currently taping Fiona's show 'cos I can only get it downstairs. I'll be expecting yous to be on it when I listen to it tomorrow....:)
    Looking forward to the gig,
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Oh you were so very nearly disappointed Maeve. ;)

If the busdriver hadn't been a chocolate fan God knows where we'd be today....

• Advertisement

Who's on first and will there be tickets available at the door?

Still haven't got a chance to listen to that recording yet - it better be some sort of life-changing experience.....;)

xxx me

all the above details for this gig are correct. (the event guide listing is wrongwrong wrong.)

life after modelling are indeed doing both gigs, hard working muthas that they are.

they grace the village stage 8.30 SHARP. then the sistas from 66e. then us.

ellison9 also do an in-store in tower at 6pm on saturday.

and play galway's lovely roisin dubh on the 6th of may - a FREE in gig.

Originally posted by der

ellison9 also do an in-store in tower at 6pm on saturday.

Cool cool, see ya there,
    xm

Good work. :)
    Great to hear 'To Shrink You' again.
    And yes, I love the cover. :D
    It's not Brian Molko, but I'll treasure it forever and ever. :D
    xxx me

Sorry, meant to reply to post here ages ago. :o
    Great gig last weekend, really enjoyed it, and the juggling was a nice touch. :D
    Am loving the EP too, was just listening to it a few minutes ago and now they're playing it on Phantom. :)
    xm

ah cheers maeve. thanks to all who came along and made it feel so goddamn friendly up there. . we had a great laugh. the ep is in road, city discs, tower at the mo. thanks all at phantom for giving it the spins.

we honest to god are sorting out mp3's for the site http://www.ellison9.com very soon.

nice one life after modelling and 66e too. great effin' bands both.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Enjoyed the gig too and twas a good opportunity to grab the EP, love 'Lets Be Machines' especially.

-brendan.

Advertisement