Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOR SALE - Feedback on New Classified categories

Options
  • 18-04-2004 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

Any feedback - suggestions - fixes - bugs - comments should be posted on this thread to keep them all together.

Thanks

V.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Logical change. I can't believe you didn't do it earlier... idiot. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is a FS-Tickets needed. Wasn't one i would have taught needed its own forum :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Not sure who you are Kold... but should you ever refer to me as an idiot again, ill ban your ass.

Thx

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Vexorg
    Not sure who you are Kold... but should you ever refer to me as an idiot again, ill ban your ass.

Thx

V.
    lol
    :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He's regularly banned from this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Who ? Vexorg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

might be best to place "rules" stickies in all the various sections

not that the muppets read the rules before posting previously

{Edit - moved to feedback/suggestions - request for feedback on classified categories thread}

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just a thought but since under

classifieds it goes

Comerical >> blacknight, elara, komplett

can we have

For sale >> computer/hardware, DVD Cd, tickets, Console, general, mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Maybe it's a surprise they've already planned to include when the menus are regenerated tomorrow... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It won't. This has been covered on this forum before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Thread merged with the requst for feedback on reorganised Classified Categories....

Thx

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i like the fact that it has seperate sections now, however i'd also like an arrow over to the individual sections instead of a new window, though i do see your logic as well merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you need a FS Feedback board?

Some of the titles are formatted slightly different from the others "FS-Tickets" is hyphenated and "FS DVD/CD - SOFTWARE - GAMES" is all caps.

FS Computers - Hardware - Components
    FS DVD/CD - SOFTWARE - GAMES
    FS-Tickets
    FS Consoles - Games
    FS General
    FS Mobiles
    FS Sin Bin

Should FS be expanded to "For Sale"?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

how about a freebie section, i've noticed that a few people post stuff that's for free and just require a collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Down with these new changes! I preferred when everything was on the one forum, it meant you only have to check one board, less bandwidth and less time wasted browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

yep i second or is that third the request for a side menu with all the various categories at the side, rather than clicking for sale first and then the category, would make it a lot easier to navigate to where you want to go

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

icon14.gif
    much handier now. i don't have to search through pages of threads just to find one that i replied to yesterday.
    the 'FS DVD/CD - Software - Game' could do with a shorter title, it takes up 2 lines on my subbed forum list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

*votes for menu like the commercial forum*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What Victor said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The titles / descriptions probably need to be put into the standard format [boardsish/boardish?] (anyway, what I usually force on the other admins).

I'd suggest:

FS Hardware
    FS Software
    FS Tickets
    FS Mobiles
    FS Consoles
    FS General
    FS Sin Bin
    Originally posted by Victor
    Do you need a FS Feedback board?

Some of the titles are formatted slightly different from the others "FS-Tickets" is hyphenated and "FS DVD/CD - SOFTWARE - GAMES" is all caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah I think making them broader in scope is a better idea. Very often consoles are sold with games and hardware components like network adapters etc.

A few answers....

Rabies : FS Tickets is it needed - This was requested by some of the mods, they would know better than most... I suspect the answer is yes:) in the high concert season it makes it easier to find your tix and spot the touts to remove them quickly.

adeypius : we are looking at the rules and hope to simplify them shortly, I expect they will be put in place in good time.

Cr3mo and other looking for the side menus : menus ... a sticky subject... its unlikely at this time... we are looking at some alternatve ways to bring some basic guidelines to users attention, until then I think merc has explained it.

Victor : Do we need a for sale feedbeck forum - No I dont think there would be enough traffic to warrent one - be rather boring as well, why do you think we should have one?

Formating - oops ... do i lose points for rushing?:)

Expand FS to For Sale - I dont think there is any need to take up any more space.

Agent Smith : Freebie section - we will keep an eye on the amount of freebie traffic and add a forum if required.

Raskolnikov I think you may be in a small minority there, the expansion has been requested for a long time by a large number of users, however we will keep an eye on things and if traffic is not generated in some categoiries, they will be merged back in the the more popular categories.

tman how do we accurately let users know what should be posted in the various categories with short titles, does taking up 2 lines on the subbed menu make that much difference? suggestions for new category titles welcomed...

Cloud I agree that short titles are perferred - how to we give a user accurate info as to what can be posted in the categories...

Is Hardware too vague - its only computer hardware in this forum
    Software is CDs (Music) DVD (Video) and PC Software and PC Games not just software...

Anyhows we will keep an eye on the forums and see how they progress.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Since users [normally] have to click on For Sale to get into that section, they will see the descriptions there - I think it is best to be specific in the descriptions rather than the titles...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor : Do we need a for sale feedbeck forum
    Just slagging over the number of FS threads here. :D
    Formating - oops ... do i lose points for rushing?:)
    Yes ;) I'm just being thorough.

Just on the sequence of the individual sections, should it be something like this?
    FS General - General

FS Consoles - Alphabetical
    FS Hardware
    FS Mobiles
    FS Software
    FS Tickets

FS Sin Bin - Admin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Cloud
    Since users [normally] have to click on For Sale to get into that section, they will see the descriptions there - I think it is best to be specific in the descriptions rather than the titles...

You would think that. But in truth no-one really reads anything properly here. When you try and simplfy something, the world ends up producing a simpleton. The reverse is also true tho. If you try and make somrthing fool proof, the world produces a bigger fool.

But what is the "Standard" form. We have some other long named forums such as Bussiness / Economy / Finance and Accessibility / mobility / disability to name but two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'd suggest making a drop down menu for "For sale" just like "Sci fi" or "commercial". it's getting annoying having to click For sale and then mobiles or General. Comments?

<edit> is it almost as annoying a having the same thread posted a number of times, its worth checking if anyone else has commented on and explained this point previously... :dunno:

Thread merged with request for feedback on For Sale etc etc ....

Drake and Makaveli come forward and receive your gold stars! you have seen the light:) </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I have subscribed to them.. no need for extra clicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's done like that for a reason, it means you see all the rules written under each forum. That was a specific point made when it was done.

Advertisement