Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with DG834GUK

• 18-04-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I have had the router for 5-6 weeks now and it has been working great until yesterday. Now I cant get the wireless to work at all. I tried all the settings and tried updating the firmware but still no go. I've used 1.04.01 and 1.03.07 firmware and still I have the same problem. I am now using the 1.03.07 firmware. I dont know what to do anymore.

Any suggestion is welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

If you are using Windows XP, you can roll your computer's system back to before the problem started.

When I set up my router first, I had desperate trouble making the thing work. Turned out there was a conflict with some other software on my machine.

I had previously been using Sygate Personal Firewall with my USB modem. When setting up the Netgear box, I disabled the Sygate software at startup. Couldn't get my wireless network to work at all. Eventually twigged that Sygate was not fully disabled and turned it back on. Everything worked like a charm after that.

So that's my suggestion: software conflict, and use XP feature to roll back your system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

(Shamelessly stolen from the documentation)
    Each piece of wireless equipment must have these items set to the same value:
    + SSID's are case sensitive — use the same capitals in each SSID. Recently the default value for NETGEAR equipment changed from "wireless" to "NETGEAR", so you may need to change from the default to make all your wireless equipment match.
    + Enable wireless access point. (Check the checkbox.)
    + Channel.
    + WEP encryption. See What is WEP Encryption for Wireless Networks? for information that's slightly more complete than the manuals.
    + Mode (infrastructure or ad hoc)
    + If access list is turned on: Make sure that the MAC addresses of the wireless cards are present in the router's access list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Well after installing firmware after firmware, and changing my SSID and WEP, it finally works. The thing is now the wireless connection seem to lag a bit sometimes. Anyway of fixing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

upgrade the firmware :D ... did you update the drivers on the other machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I'm using the latest firmware on the router, 1.04.01. As for they wireless pci, there's no firmware update that I am aware of. I checked their site but couldnt fine any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement