Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceili / Trad Irish bands in Pubs on Tue Wed or Thu

Options
  • 18-04-2004 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

There's a guy over from Texas training me in work this week. I brought him to the Cork V Waterford hurling match today and he loved it.

So I thought the next step in this cultural exchange is bring him to some trad pub with diddly aye music.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

There was some "diddly aye music" in sin e when i was in there a few weeks back. I think its supposed to be on there most nights but you might want to take a look in there yourself first as the other people i was there thought the pub was ...a bit strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

The Lobby, from their website:

FREE TRADITIONAL SESSIONS in the bar EVERY TUESDAY & FRIDAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Míshásta

Bain trial as An Spailpín Fánach.

Trad music at the Spailpín, South Main Street, most week night, AFAIK. Very good bluegrass occasionally.

Not as 'strange' as Sin É. Not as many crusties, but still pleasantly weird. If you want to treat your friend to some genuine culture shock try the trad singing upstairs Sunday nights.

Slááán Tamall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement