Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband advice please

• 19-04-2004 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys n gals hoping you can help me i'm interested in settin up a media server
    now the problem is that all the bb packages i've seen listen on the ireland off line page have a max upload speed of about 256k @24:1 so if i had the line to myself which is impossible it would only support like 5 clients i was wondering can anyone suggest where i might get a bb connection with a good upload speed to run this server at a start it's goin to be audio only would like to be able to support about 7-10 clients with good quality stereo i think bbc radio 1 run at 44kbps i stand to be corrected on this also wha would be the ablsol min bandwidth i need i'm assumin 512k
    all comments and help appricated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

The IBB products are syncronous. I dunno where you live so dont know if you could get the service or not. The 1meg up/down i think is around €85 per month.

Btw use punctuation ffs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you're in a wireless area ( www.digiweb.ie or IBB) you can get that, because wireless packages are synchonous. If not, I'm told the ESB offer synchonous lines starting at 2 megabits with very low contention. Excellent service i'm told, but expensive.

Advertisement