Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever used these for booking a car in Spain?

• 19-04-2004 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.doyouspain.com/

Site seems a little iffy, and the comments section seems blatantly made up, but they did get back to me pretty much immediately when I emailed them, and they're the only online people I can find who'll rent a car to me (cos I'm only 22).

The site also says you won't pay until you pick up the car, so if they are screwing me around, at least I won't be out of pocket when I arrive in Spain, just without a car.

Anybody used them?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

To be honest, anyone car rental firm worth their salt expects you to give credit card details so that if you pull out they arent out of pocket as they can claim a deposit
    or something..

But personally I think you are better off actually waiting until you are there to get
    a rental car as you can see who you are getting it from and the state of the car as
    not all cars are in as good a nick as they claim on these sites and also you can get
    good last minute deals..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The only thing is that I could arrive and find that no-one will give me a car because of my age. I don't want to be left high and dry...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Argus car rentals allow people 21 and up for certain classes and 23 for other ones..

Have a look here

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Excellent thanks.

Advertisement