Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maradona in Intensive Care

• 19-04-2004 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Wow.... hard to believe how badly he has fallen.

He looks awful from the pictures in the papers today.

Allegedly he crashed out after a drug overdose.

VE#ery sad...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just heard the new on the radio there. Very shocked to hear it and hope he will pull through but it does not seem good. Was always one of my favourite players of all time and imho a better player than Pele but we will leave that debate to another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's a bad fall from grace alright, although when I heard the news this morning, I wasn't at all shocked.

He's been abusing drugs for years, and this was bound to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Diego Maradona is in an unstable condition in a Buenos Aires hospital with high blood pressure, breathing problems and a lung infection.

His family doctor Alfredo Cahe said Maradona was not in a critical condition, and denied the Argentina legend took a cocaine overdose.

Maradona, who has been battling drug addiction for years, is being helped to breathe by a respiratory machine.

Cahe added the next 24-48 hours would be crucial for the 43-year-old.

Doctors at the private clinic are due to make a statement at 1600 BST.

Maradona was admitted to the clinic with high blood pressure and respiratory failure just hours after seeing former side Boca Juniors play.

It emerged later on Monday he had also developed a lung infection.

"I wouldn't say his condition is critical," said Cahe.

More at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3637933.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Sorry for bringing the thread down but I was talking about this with a guy in work today and a girl passing who overheard us said:

"Oh my god, thats awful, will Slane be cancelled?"

:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's very sad to see, BBC's "Rise and Fall of Maradona" photo page is pretty depressing.

Also sorry for bringing the thread down a little, but I read on a Man Utd forum earlier today something I thought was funny... in a thread called "Diego in intensive care" someone replied "If Diego tried to kick the bucket he'd probably miss it". Obviously referring to the less famous Diego... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by kaids
    It's very sad to see, BBC's "Rise and Fall of Maradona" photo page is pretty depressing.

Also sorry for bringing the thread down a little, but I read on a Man Utd forum earlier today something I thought was funny... in a thread called "Diego in intensive care" someone replied "If Diego tried to kick the bucket he'd probably miss it". Obviously referring to the less famous Diego... :)

I think Forlan's career is in intensive care. After he stormed off when he was taken off lately I can't see him being at OT next season. Gilardino is a rumoured replacement. Haven't seen a lot of him but 17 goals in Serie A so far can't be bad

Advertisement