Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to ask re Irish Broadband wireless.

• 19-04-2004 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm on Eircom business DSL and IBB are wanting me to move to them. What questions should I be asking. Obviously:

cost
    contention
    speed up/down
    latency
    quality of service

Apart from that, any comments or further things to ask?

Many thanks ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Ask them

"What Does Two Months Mean " ?

"Do you have support after 5PM "

M

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

Ask them what site you will be connected to , We have IBB and our connected to the Guinness brewery Site and we have had problems since we had it installed.Best thing is to find out what site you will be connected too and find out on boards.ie is there anyone else on that site and how are they finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

Ask them what site you will be connected to , We have IBB and our connected to the Guinness brewery Site and we have had problems since we had it installed.Best thing is to find out what site you will be connected too and find out on boards.ie is there anyone else on that site and how are they finding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Yeah, definatley ask them if they are going to come into the 21st century and offer support after 5pm & at weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Doctor_Chipolata

Thanks for the replies.

It'll be the Three Rock transmitter.

Our existing Eircom ADSL seems to have gotten a lot faster here (Blackrock) recently ... it'll download at >200Kb/sec now. Have they upgraded something?

The top business offering from IBB is 1Mb up and down. I think we're getting 512Kb down and 2Mb up from Eircom ATM ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement