Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Life 2, possibly delayed till 2005

Options
  • 19-04-2004 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

story here

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

*sigh* Another site designed and implemented by an "internet exploder" fanb0i

Now I have to go and fire up that god awful security hole.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

From Halflife2.net:

There have been a lot of rumours and assumptions produced at other sites (or should we say tabloids?) about Half-Life 2 being delayed until 2005. This isn’t the case at all; people are simply getting confused by a hypothetical comment from Gabe Newell.

The comment was a reply to a question about Valve’s reasons for the delay back in September 2003. It’s purely hypothetical and there’s no reason to think Valve will be delaying the game until 2005 or putting $20 million more into it.

The game will be released this year so sit back, relax and keep checking Halflife2.net for real information about Half-Life 2. There isn’t long to wait now.

This is Gabe Newell’s quote from an interview with Polygon magazine:

"We've already spent millions into this project, and we're willing to spend as much as we need to make this the best first person experience ever. If that means delaying the game to 2005, we'll do it without any hesitation. If it means sinking another $20 million into the project, we can do it. Rest assured, if we delay the game, it'll be only to blow your socks off even more when it finally releases."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Cheers Toast, didn't want to load exploder either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I think Gabe was just illustrating Valve's "done when its done" attitude. Since Sierra have recently finalised and released the box artwork, and Doug Lombardi publicly stated that they'd be "looking to wrap up development sometime this summer", I think we can safely say that Half Life 2 will be released sometime around late summer, early autumn. They might even possibly go for an exact year after the original release date. Valve seem to be spooky about such stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i've thought they would release it september 26th, ever since they said it would be delayed till 2004. i'm happy to wait....until the 26th,when they delay it again and i go to russia to buy my illegal russian copy. now all i have to do is learn to speak the language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Since Sierra have recently finalised and released the box artwork

If Sierra had expected them to reach the original launch date of last year, Sierra would not have completed the box art in the last few weeks..

Its all lies!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

THERE IS NO HALF LIFE 2!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you :D

Its not like you to over react Felya ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Me? Over react? Na.

Mmm, HL2, NOT DELAYED!

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    If Sierra had expected them to reach the original launch date of last year, Sierra would not have completed the box art in the last few weeks..

Eh... that was my point. The artwork wasn't released last summer... no game. The artwork has been released... game soon. See?

• Advertisement

Eh... that was my point. The artwork wasn't released last summer... no game. The artwork has been released... game soon. See?

And on to my point. Gabe Newell is a lying ****. The reason the box art was not ready last August was that the it did not need to be ready. The game was never going to be released in September, so they did not need to worry about box art!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

what are yous on?
    box art takes five minutes to do,
    they would leave sumtin like that till the last minute

Originally posted by bus77
    what are yous on?
    box art takes five minutes to do,
    they would leave sumtin like that till the last minute

we are being petty, let us be!

*BOGGLE*

The universe has clearly gone mad. Please allow me to delve into a horrible he said / she said argument:

I said that they had recently completed the box artwork, implying the game was set for release soon.

JTG replied that it all had some relevance to the original launch date. What he said is correct, but I haven't figured out what relevance it had to my post.

I tried to explain. I obviously failed miserably.

Bus77 made the exact same point as me, while at the same time asking "What are yous on?"

And according to JTG, we're being petty.

After all this, I still can't figure out a way to make my point any clearer. The fact that the box art has been released means that the game will be out soon. Nothing to do with last September. Nada. Zilch. Is that alright? :confused:

The universe can be at peace now, hopefully.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by mr_angry
    The fact that the box art has been released means that the game will be out soon. ... :confused:

*BOGGLE*

It's a fact that just because the box art has been released the game will be out soon? So, just because someone got around to doing the artwork, the game will be out soon. Now that's what I call strange logic.

The only fact is that it's normal to wait till close to the release of a game before putting the box art out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me isn't particularly bothered, Ground Control 2 and OpFlash2 are both blinking more brightly on my radar screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by monument
    *BOGGLE*

It's a fact that just because the box art has been released the game will be out soon? So, just because someone got around to doing the artwork, the game will be out soon. Now that's what I call strange logic.
    aye, didn't they release the box art for vice city back in may 2002... 6 months prior to the games release

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ya but usually, when the box art is released, it's like a notice telling the public that it's not gonna be long. i hope it's gonna be soon.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    /me isn't particularly bothered, Ground Control 2 and OpFlash2 are both blinking more brightly on my radar screen

The GP2 team is now "now putting the finishing touches to their new genre milestone in RTS gaming". Or so I'm told by an email in my inbox today.

GP2?
    Grand Prix 2?
    They're redoing Geoff Crammond's masterpiece as a Formula1 RTS????

Genius!

• Advertisement

GP2?
    Grand Prix 2?
    They're redoing Geoff Crammond's masterpiece as a Formula1 RTS????

Genius!

Woops.. Sorry, typo or something. I should have said GC2 as in Ground Control 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

And now for something completely different.....
    Is ground control 1 anygood?

yes.

it is sex.

Advertisement