Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got first bill from IOLBB...

• 19-04-2004 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

...and its for 415 euro. That surely cant be right ? I got the advantage plus package which is the phone bundle ( no charge on local calls - i think its 65 a month for that AND the broadband together )

First month is suposed to be free isnt it ? ( had broadband for around 6 weeks )

anyone care to shed some light on this ?

Broadband charges 309.68
    Advantage plus bi monthly charge 80.57
    international 6.61
    mobile 3.74

that cant be right ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

didnt think they send bills but my mom checked her debt account thing and they had cut of around 200 euro ! and then she asked them and they said they charged extra 90 by mistake ! and that they take money EVERY 2 MONTHS, but then again first month was for free.

ure broadband shouldnt be 300 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Could some of that be the installation charge too Tusky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Installation is free. even if they did charge for that ( 100 euro ) its still WAY over.

Just got off the phone , they say they charged for March ( should have been free but wasnt ) April ( only half over ) May and June !!!! WTF kind of system is that. they charged 157 euro for installation when it was advertised as 100.

they are a shower of muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

overcharging people on direct debits is so common its probally a standard business practice in ireland, some people just dont notice or are put off by they long phone calls required to get the refunds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I just got my 1st bill as well they put me down for a Engineer Install even though I did a self install. And they charged me €20 for 2 days of BB usage at the end of the month.They also sent me 2 modems, Complete bunch of Jokers, I have no problems with the broadband service saying all that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154802

same problem as you tusky, pretty much, am waiting to get through to them at the moment, bloody holding music!!!

i checked the bill and they charged a self install, despite it being free install, and two bi monthly charges, one for 77 and one for near 40. given Im on for just over a month, and one of those was free, I cant figure how I could be charged for 2 bi months, and each one at a different price (neither of which seem to add up to the normal price of 39.95, and its nothing to do with VAT either)

what a shower of muppets..... but otherwise I have no complaints...:D

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Tusky
    Just got off the phone , they say they charged for March ( should have been free but wasnt ) April ( only half over ) May and June !!!! WTF kind of system is that. they charged 157 euro for installation when it was advertised as 100.

They are ****. They did the same for me. Charged me for 2 months on first bill and I just got another charge for two months. They also charged me for December when I didn't get installed til Mid January.

I'm going to ring tomorrow and tear pieces out of someone. Again.

just off the phone with them (after a long wait)
    they charged the 77 yoyos for april to july, which is fair enough for now, once i dont get the same bollox yellum seems to be getting.
    They charged the self install and first month for march, saying they have it on their file that i applied on the 26th, which was nearly a week after the free everything offer.... I told him I have an email dated for the 19th acknowledging the application for the package, and it is being processed, I was told that once they recieved my application before the 20th, it would be included in the service.
    The guy will be back to me....he said...:)

Flogen

omg flogen they said the same thing to me ! I applied online two weeks before the free month offer ended... he said I applied after on the phone and he isnt budging =/

• Advertisement

he still hasnt gotten back to me, so I'll have to ring up tomorrow... do you have anything solid with a date btw?
    As i said I have an e-mail which I forwarded, soI look forward with them trying to deny that I applied before the 20th, I will tear the head off the lot of them.

They are a bunch of scam artists, just keep hastling them, getting onto the people above the muppets on the phones, and tell them that they made a commitment, and if they welch on that you will see it as a breach of contract and will report them to ComReg and look into possible legal action... all the stuff that sh*ts them up cos they figure your not a push over idiot.

(the term 'cowboys, Ted, the whole lot of them!' comes to mind)

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Just out of curiosity when was the deadline for the freebies and was it just for the usage and/or installation
    Thanks

The deal was free connection (self install) free modem and first month free , Also I got the broadband with the phone deal , so it should be 65 per month for both, I.E 130 per bill ( every two months )

I have the same package as you Tusky €25 fone+€40 BB but more than likely signed up to late but was curious what date did the free offer finish?. Also I get a bill in paper form for the fone do you get the same for the BB or do they just debit ur acc
    Cheers

I got a bill with phone and BB on it , but it is direct debit, how much was your first bill for may I ask ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

email bill.murphy@esat.com with your story...also forwarding any email received from IOL before the cutoff date for free installs and an estimate of what your actual charge should have been up to (say) end april, with and without vat if you could .

Bill sorts things very efficiently also cc angela.keegan@esat.com on the issue

IOL billing is astonishingly inept , a shame really.

M

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Muck

IOL billing is astonishingly inept , a shame really.

M

This has been a recurring theme since I started visiting boards. Is there no one that a Company that consistenly misbills its customers can be reported to?

For instance if a Company consistenly uses the dd system to misbill its customers surely there should be some way to point out this centrally to the banks? Has anyone every heard of a Company having its dd facility withdrawn by the banks?

I discovered recently when o2 double billed me via laser card that there is no code of conduct for Companies operating laster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Garda Fraud Squad
    Central Bank consumer thingy
    Your Own Bank
    ODCA for BB misbills (not telephony or per minute billed stuff )
    Joooooooeeeeeeeeeeee Duuuuuuuuuuuuffffffffffyyyyyyyy
    Those muppets in Comreg who allow all this to happen year in and year out.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Get in touch with Comreg.
    They are the governing body for all the communication industries in ireland.
    Also send an email to iol telling them that you have contacted comreg, this will get them moving.

As far as I can tell Tusky the bill is right but it is only for the fone as I signed up for BB about 2wks later.I changed over sometime around the 18/march and the bill was up to the 8/april, so they charged me for those days and the usual 2months in advance.The only prolem I was having was getting them to change teh DD over to my cc. Like the lads where saying the wife went through the normal route once but when she got no joy got a name of a manager and did all here dealings through her.
    You will usually find things will get fixed quicker when they feel you will keep coming back to them personally.
    Can anyone tell me when the deadline was for the free connection/month
    Thks

• Advertisement
Advertisement