Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Sig Issue

Options
  • 19-04-2004 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

I get the whole ecksor - Swastika OR joke that led to the images being removed, for racism reasons I think that crash_000's sig is a bit distasteful to have on public display in his signature. I also reckon that other users may have the same problem.

Would it be possible to have this image banned?

Link To The Sig http://members.boards.ie/foobar/homefires.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

maybe its a statement on how religion can be used to justify persecution!
    i say its ok and let it stay, tis kinda ironic in a way and provides food for thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ill second you on that one Asok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Im glad im not the only one with a social conscience draupnir your support is appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

I'll third that. But i don't know if anyone will listen. I was banned from the humour forum for defending down syndrome kids when some user though it was funny to post a picture of a DS kid getting run down by a rally car.

I know sadly there seems to be a rather twisted sense of humour posessed by some users of this forum :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I think the major problem is that in a context these things can be amusing but what has to be realised is that context doesnt come across to well on the old interweb and also, these sigs/jokes may be seen days if not weeks after the amusing event.

I know,I just find it sad that this is what passes for humour these days. Granted it may be some people's cup of tea and i respect all peoples views except that of revisionists I just don't like them. However I don't see why an image of a cross being burned Ala those krazy klu klux klan people should be taken in jest especially as in this sig image it seems to be making some sort of religious grounding/backing for these images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Who broke danny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Oh dear. Some people should really lighten up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I find it to be a powerfully anti-kkk pic. It highlights the hypocracy of being a christian and yet hating non-white people.

I'll concede that point however I believe the intent behind this image is far more sinister as I have often had to kick and even ban crash_000 from the #boards.ie irc chat channel for severe comments against racial minorities therefore I know that he has only cruel and evil intentions behind this image.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Amp, I thought that they were protestants, not Christians :?

I have to agree with Asok.
    Having any sort of imagery in a user's that may cause offence to any one person in any small way, whether now, at some point in the past or at any point in the future, should be removed and the user be punished accordingly.
    I personally find the current trend of unabashed oppression of the minorities on this web commuinity to be appalling and I call for a 3rd party to hold an enquiry into the alleged holding of meetings by the admins with several high-profile property developers, planning authority officials, and multinational fastfood-chain franchises in the April to September periods of 2003.

"Cloud Cola", "Boards Burgers", "Regi Fries", "DeVore Breakfast" and "Ecksor Value Meals", when will the madness stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by SyxPak

I have to agree with Asok.
    Having any sort of imagery in a user's that may cause offence to any one person in any small way, whether now, at some point in the past or at any point in the future, should be removed and the user be punished accordingly.
    I personally find the current trend of unabashed oppression of the minorities on this web commuinity to be appalling and I call for a 3rd party to hold an enquiry into the alleged holding of meetings by the admins with several high-profile property developers, planning authority officials, and multinational fastfood-chain franchises in the April to September periods of 2003.

"Cloud Cola", "Boards Burgers", "Regi Fries", "Devore Meal" and "Ecksor Value Meals", when will the madness stop?

While your comments are funny, you really should have read the post directly above yours. If what Asok states is true, then the sig should be removed along with the user. I'd imagine ecksor will shed some light on the foobar guys activities.

Arent protestants christians anyway?
    Same as catholics are christians ie. believers of christ no matter what the denomination

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

My history teacher called them heretics.

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I echo Asoks feelings here, this is a very distasteful image.

And to my knowledge burning crosses have only 1 meaning.

also janks sig is just a teency bit too big as well.....

<edit> never mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by SyxPak

I'm not particularly religious but isn't protestantism a brand of christianity or do they believe Martin Luther died for their sins?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If anything, can we please get whoever it is to remove the pic from Window Licker from their sig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Asok
    I get the whole ecksor - Swastika OR joke that led to the images being removed, for racism reasons I think that crash_000's sig is a bit distasteful to have on public display in his signature. I also reckon that other users may have the same problem.

Would it be possible to have this image banned?

Link To The Sig http://members.boards.ie/foobar/homefires.jpg

Hehe, I was going to post this too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I object to syxpaks sig, as i have a large beard and moslem relations, and i fear he and his Kabaalist-transformers may come and assasinate me.

Arent protestants christians anyway?
    Same as catholics are christians ie. believers of christ no matter what the denomination
    The KKK consider catholics every bit as contemptable as they consider anyone who isnt a white anglo saxon protestant

The KKK consider catholics every bit as contemptable as they consider anyone who isnt a white anglo saxon protestant
    yea i know how important the WASP is in the states esp in the southerian bible belt was just refering to a remark made by Amp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heh, only just found this. it was actually a test to see whether people would actually cop. now that its been complained about, it shall be removed. thankyou all for participating :)

Oh, and i think i broke Asok, seeing as i pointed my sig out and asked him how long he thought before someone would complain. Bastid didnt like my sig upstaging his :D
    On that note, i have never once been kicked from #boards.ie. now that i have stated that i'm sure asok will kick me henceforth on a daily basis. :P

Originally posted by crash_000
    Heh, only just found this. it was actually a test to see whether people would actually cop. now that its been complained about, it shall be removed. thankyou all for participating :)

I find it deplorable that you will dismiss your intentions behind that sig as just a "test" are people's feelings just some petri dish to you? Do you consider me a petri dish crash!

Oh, and i think i broke Asok, seeing as i pointed my sig out and asked him how long he thought before someone would complain. Bastid didnt like my sig upstaging his :D
    On that note, i have never once been kicked from #boards.ie. now that i have stated that i'm sure asok will kick me henceforth on a daily basis. :P

Oh I see you are a liar on top of it all. I have had to kick you plenty of times from #boards.ie for your ott comments which I found highly offensive.

I dug this out of my logs
    <crash_000> I shall bathe your babies in a sea of excrement you catholic pig dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

That is a brillent picture, thanks i have now saved it.
    I think he can have that sig if he wants, there is nothing wrong with it.

ott = ?

Originally posted by Asok
    <crash_000> I shall bathe your babies in a sea of excrement you catholic pig dogs.

Ok I don't think he actually said that. You're either lying are being deliberately stupid.

no that does sound kinda like me. cept replace "you catholic pig dogs" with "ass hook". or however you prefer it pronounced :p

tis interesting though that the only person who posted it up in the end was my control group, the one i knew could be sure of posting it up eventually so he could get those new curtains (they do look VERY nice under that there bridge asok :) )

I don't care,

• Advertisement

I oddly dont care that you dont care.

Here i am trying to defend myself against accusations by the evil tyrant asok, and you posted that? if i didnt care that you dont care that might have hurt? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement