Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL charging for the wrong product

• 19-04-2004 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I got IOL broadband last October and they said they'd migrate my Netsmart account and cancel it. I'm not the one who has to look at the bill, so I didn't notice until today. IOL are still charging us for Netsmart and not broadband. I realise they have an incompetent billing department, but surely they could figure out something so basic? I mean they sent us that letter telling us we were on the Broadband Plus package instead of the basic one.

More to the point, is it my responsibility to point it out? Ordinarily I wouldn't hesitate in pointing out a mistake like that, but the thought of sitting on hold for hours and then explaining it to someone who doesn't understand... Then ringing again and again until someone finally does something about it! I can imagine them cancelling my broadband account by mistake, or making me signup for it again because they can't find the form.

To what extent do I have to try and fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I wonder if they're charging for the broadband AND netsmart?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

Originally posted by Stephen
    I wonder if they're charging for the broadband AND netsmart?
    Definitely just Netsmart, it shows as "NetSmart Bi-Monthly Subscription" for a total of 60 euros including VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I had a similar issue but they were charging me for BOTH!!! I had to get on a few times until they sorted it out and refunded me the difference.

You have to be very careful with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

Anyone else have any advice? :dunno:

Advertisement