Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari

Options
  • 19-04-2004 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Is there a browser for the PC that is exactly or similiar to Safari, i.e. in how web pages are displayed, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

As far as I know Safari uses the Gecko rendering engine - so it should be close enough to Mozilla /FireFox et al, though (inevitably) there are apparently some subtle differences.

I've never used Safari myself, but I regularly use iCapture which is, quite frankly, the dog's dangly bits.

<edit>RE: JustHalf's post below - Damn I knew it was one of them, but just got the wrong one! iCapture still rocks though!</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Safari uses a rendering engine based on the KHTML renderer from the KDE project. There are differences; you should not test on Konqueror and assume that it produces the same output as Safari.

http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/webcore/index.html

Advertisement