Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL No Limits...

• 19-04-2004 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

I realise this forum is for broadband however I know users here probably migrated from high Internet usage services like IOL No Limits. I know that was the case with me.

Anyway I sent a letter a while ago to cancel IOL No Limits when I signed up and received IOL BB. I got my bill today and it would appear that IOL No Limits is no longer being charged for. (I got charged 6.30c for the few days of the month before they got the letter)

So I assumed I would now not be able to use the service so to confirm I dialled through and got connected fine. Could this be the case where the billing system has removed me however the technical side of things hasn't?

Anyone else in the same situation?

X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I reckon they will charge you per minute for the time you dial up...the same as if you dial up in peak hours when you are a No Limits subscriber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I don't think that is the case.

IOL No Limits is caller id managed. Before I subscribed I could not even phone the number, all I would get was the engaged tone.. and indeed on all the other phone lines I get the engaged tone. So the fact that I can still dial through and get online makes me think my account is still active.

Really that wouldn't surprise me. Esats departments do not communicate very well and although the billing system appears to have deleted me the message to kill me from the system that manages users obviously hasn't gone through...

Regardless... I will have to wait to see if my suspicion is correct. I will use it in the evening during the next couple of months and wait for my phone bill :)

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh but whats the point of 56k when u have bb :D

Because IOL BB is down sometimes :) Helps to have a backup, especially if they aren't charging me for it :p

X

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Xcellor
    Because IOL BB is down sometimes :) Helps to have a backup, especially if they aren't charging me for it :p

X

I wouldn't think IOL BB is down that often, I have NS and it hasn't been down in months (well other then me messing with my network, router and firewall).

You are lucky, when I moved from NoLimts, they continued to charge me for months later. I'd be careful about using the NoLimts account, Esat billing department is a joke and they could easily start charging you again and you would have no come back because you did actually use the service.

• Advertisement

I have dissolved the contract I had with them. They no longer have any rights to charge me for it. Of course I have no rights to use their service either but I just thought it was a little strange I can still access the service...

The technical side of things must be linked in some way to the billing for putting hte amount of time you surfed and also charges for peak hours... Anyway... Watch this space.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

you'll get done on your phone bill. i'd almost guarantee it, had similar experience.

Advertisement