Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7600 on 3uk

Options
  • 19-04-2004 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

my mate in the uk is thinking of selling his nokia 7600 and its unlocked. the only thing is it was on 3uk and i was wondering if they customize the menus etc on this phone. i know it'll only work on meteor for wap etc cos they only support wap 2.0, but if i bougt it and put my o2 sim in it, would it still have the 3 menus etc?

any info would be helpful

thx

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

If he bought it in carphone warehouse you will have a big problem. the "3" 7600 from CPW is set to only lock onto 3g networks, The part of the menu that you choose GSM or 3G has been removed, when you are in an area that has a 3G test signal (every major city in Ireland) your 7600 wil try to log onto it, but because your sim is not a 3G test sim, its booted off, (you still have signal but you cant dial out), a normal 7600 would then log onto the GSM network and everything would be cool, but the CPW 7600's are set not to search for GSM if there is a 3G signal. CPW in N-Ireland sell them for £149 (€230). the only way around this is to get the phone factory reset, this has to be done by nokia.

Hope this make sense?

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

all the info i needed cheers,
    it turns out he did buy it in the carphone warehouse and thats why i thought the deal was too good to be true, hes selling it for 200 yo,yos

bollox to that then!

thx

D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

would nokis down here or mprc out in sandyford reset it?

Advertisement