Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scholes

• 19-04-2004 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Scholes has been banned for 3 games by the FA disciplinary committee, for his clash with Doriva on Feb 11th.

That could mean the difference between finishing second and third.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He's still available for the matches against Millwall and Chelsea though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just and fair punishment I'd say, if the ref had seen it and sent him off, he probably would have got the same punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Ah could be a blessing either. I mean the Millwall/Chelsea games are obviously the most important for Utd left this season so he should be pretty sharp for them after his 3 game rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

When does the ban start?

think its the Liverpool game.

I know he definitely misses Liverpool and Blackburn games. I think the third is against Leicester/Leeds or someone like that

• Advertisement

I reckon the almighty liverpool might topple united on saturday.

Not with Dudek in goals and his record against them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be torn between beating united or having them stuff the 'pool. I mean if they give Liverpool a damn good pasting it could be the lubricant to hasten Gerard H's departure, think about it ;)

Id say Dudeks record is more wins than losses, stats anyone?

Plus I dont think Id ever prefer United to give us a pasting over a victory, Houllier or no Houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by NightStrike
    Not with Dudek in goals and his record against them :D

u crazy!!

the ONE mistake he made with forlan, who himself IS a mistake.

Jivin Turkey

Id say Dudeks record is more wins than losses, stats anyone?

i'd agree, liverpool are BIG underdogs, which suits them. boys like owen, kewell and riise love these games in particular

stevie will be up for anyway, he'll love showin keano how to kick some ar$e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    When does the ban start?

It starts immediately - he's out for the Charlton game tonight. I was at the 'Boro game and we noticed the Scholes 'clash' at the time - it was a stupid thing for him to do. TBH I thought he was poor against Portsmouth, maybe a break will do him good and he'll come back strong for Chelsea and Millwall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by VinnyL
    u crazy!!

the ONE mistake he made with forlan, who himself IS a mistake.

i'd agree, liverpool are BIG underdogs, which suits them. boys like owen, kewell and riise love these games in particular

stevie will be up for anyway, he'll love showin keano how to kick some ar$e

Agreed about Forlan, he has to go this summer and for his own sake I hope it's outside the premiership.

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be worried about why 'owen, kewell and riise love these games in particular' yet the team can't seem to get themselves up for a lot of other matches. I saw Owen the other week and he didn't look interested in playing at all (can't remember which game it was though, sorry).

Did he not botch two games in a row? Anyway don't care :)
    Hmmm if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be torn between beating united or having them stuff the 'pool. I mean if they give Liverpool a damn good pasting it could be the lubricant to hasten Gerard H's departure, think about it

Maybe but could pool fans put up with the slagging they'd get until next season when they have a chance to get revenge? :D

Advertisement