Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router or USB Modem...

• 19-04-2004 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I have the ****e IOL zyxel modem or whatever its called. Would i be better of gettin a router? Will it improve pings?

Nex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by NEXUS
    I have the ****e IOL zyxel modem or whatever its called. Would i be better of gettin a router? Will it improve pings?
    IOL have been using at least two different types of customer equipment in the last year. Since Christmas they have been providing a router.

It's unlikely that changing whatever you've got will make a significant difference - it might shave a few milliseconds off, but if your connection is fast enough for 3 or 4 milliseconds to be significant, then it's probably too fast for it to matter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i have the modem... do you think its possible for a switheroo for a routher to be arranged with IOL?

thought id ask here first, cos im super lazy

Advertisement