Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible virus?

Options
  • 19-04-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I've had three calls today from three different clients with a bit of a weird problem.

basically, pcs are hanging for no apparent reason and on reboot cannot find any network shares (this is all versions of windows, not just NT or Xp etc. and is happening both on Peer to peer and Domains.) Nor can anyone connect to a network share from that PC.

I have tried getting them to shut down, go into safemode (all grand) and run a virus scan (comes up clean).

Anyoen got any ideas? Spyware? a network travelling virus that clogs traffic?

On a side note: the pcs can still access the internet grand on the peer to peer through the router. Pings etc are fine to the gateway in all cases. it's just the actual shares that are not available.

In the time it took me to write this, I just got another call. That's 4 clients, identical symptoms.

Advertisement