Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom Flatrate

• 19-04-2004 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I notice that in Eircom's terms and conditions that I can cancel flatrate in writing but need to give thirty days notice. Does this I can do it by Email? If not what address do I need to write to? How long do they usually take to cancel it as I'm anxious to get BB soon - possibly the Digiweb €40 product depending on on what people think of it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

do they tell you where to send it , if not then send it to phil.nola@eircom.ie and cc info@comreg.ie as backup

make sure you write to cancel it 31 days before the end of your billing period, the last day being the last day you have paid for in advance. Then cancel the dirct debit in the bank as it will not be needed again, will it.

M

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I closed mine with just one email no 30 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jasonfallonpure

was this with eircom net or eircomie?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

eircom net

Dear Mr Larkin,

Your account has now been cancelled for you.

Kind regards,

Julie Walsh
    Eircom Net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Muck
    make sure you write to cancel it 31 days before the end of your billing period, the last day being the last day you have paid for in advance. Then cancel the dirct debit in the bank as it will not be needed again, will it.
    Do NOT under any circumstances cancel it 31 days before your billing period ends. The T&C clearly states that you will be billed at "per second" rates from the beginning of the billing period up to the date of cancellation. If you give 30 days notice of your intendtion to cancel 31 days before the end of your billing period, and keep using the service during that time, you will save the Anytime fee for that billing period, but you will pay ordinary "pay as you go" rates for all calls made to the service during that billing period.

There are two current threads about people being stung for hundreds of euro because of this (they cancelled the service towards the end of a 2 monthly billing cycle, only to find that, while they "saved" €60 for 2 months of Anytime, they were billed at pay-as-you-go rates for all diaulup calls they had made during that billing period). The safest advice seems to be to cancel on the next billing date after you stop using the service, and just eat the additional monthly charge.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154426

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154003

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Dub13
    I closed mine with just one email no 30 days
    What did your next phone bill look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

FYI

You can cancel your flatrate account by e-mailing
    eircomnetcontracts@eircom.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks for your help lads - I've sent the Email today

• Registered Users Posts: 42 zozimus

I posted recently - warning about cancelling "Anytime" and how I did it in a billing period, and ended up getting post-charged at the full rate for all my internet calls.

Well I phoned Eircom a few times and wrote a letter to Customer Services, and within a few days I got a very pleasant person on the phone telling me that they thought I had a point, that they will try to warn customers at time of cancellation of any possible extra costs.

They then said that they would credit all the extra charges on my next bill.

They treated me so well that I decided not to use Esat BT as I had intended.

Yayyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Originally posted by Muck
    do they tell you where to send it , if not then send it to phil.nola@eircom.ie and cc info@comreg.ie as backup

M

Hi Muck,

That email address for phil.nola@eircom.ie is being bounced, do you have anyone else worth emailing?

Thanks,

Grayarea

• Advertisement
Advertisement