Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On the Plane

• 19-04-2004 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know does anyone know a site where it tells you what you can and cant bring on a plane.

I mean like can you bring an MP3/CD player Walkman.
    Can you bring your own food, like Chrisps/Bar's

I know you cant bring Beer, and Knifes lol, but just need to know the simple things.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

CD players are a definite nono. I think aer lingus have banned any electronic music devices, i.e. mp3 players as they cant tell which are safe and which arent, so they ban them all. You would need to check with the particular airline you are travelling with.

As for food, knock yourself out and bring what you want. Itd be nice not to bring really stinky food though, enclosed spaces and stinky food = no fun at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

cheers thanks.

Flying to Oz in a few weeks. need to do something on the plane for over 20 hours :(

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It may be safer to ring the Airline your flying with, But most of the good airlines have mini screens in front of your seat for Playstation games and moves.:D

I'm flying with qantas.

I dont think they have playstations on every seat. I know they will have screens to look at,

they have to :)

• Advertisement

Take a look here

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/inTheAir/entertainment/index

see the picture on the right, Does all flights have screens?

anyone been on Quantas ? let me know if had a screen,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This might be worth reading. The service London - Australia will probably be something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by Snaga
    CD players are a definite nono...

Not necessarily. Flew with Iberia 2 weeks back and they only restrict the use of electronic equipment during takeoff and landing. Aer Lingus ban it totally if memory serves me correctly, so it would be worth contacting Quantas directly.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Delphi91
    Not necessarily. Flew with Iberia 2 weeks back and they only restrict the use of electronic equipment during takeoff and landing. Aer Lingus ban it totally if memory serves me correctly, so it would be worth contacting Quantas directly.

Yep, same for me flying Air Canada, just takeoffs and landings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

well if theres tetris on it that should keep you going for 20hrs assuming ur good at it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Ryanair surprisingly allow Walkmans etc... except during takeoff/landing. And they allow it under the advice of the Irish Avaiation Authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

I went to the rugby world cup LHR - SIN - MEL - CNS - SYD - SIN - LHR.

Bought a Gameboy advance before I left. Absolutely worth it's weight in gold. i bought beer back on the plane with BA, no probs. Wasn't allowed to play GBA during takeoff or landing.

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    This might be worth reading. The service London - Australia will probably be something similar.

Thanks great review :)

and thanks to all the other replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Flew Perth - London last year Qantas - each seat had an individual screen including games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by NeVeR
    I'm flying with qantas.

I dont think they have playstations on every seat. I know they will have screens to look at,

they have to :)

Just back home today from Oz - staying up to try break the lag. 21 hours flying - 8 jmore in airports.

Flew with Quantas, yep they have the screens in the back seats, 10 channels in all, mostly (about 6 or 7) films. Hint: don't go to the cinema for a month or so before the trip.

The games they have are complete and utter ****e that would barely entertain a 2 yr old. A GBA is a good idea - but you'd get it a whole lot cheaper in Singapore duty free - if you can go half the trip without that is.

The entertainment runs fairly constantly except for the first and last half hour of each flight.

Have a good one:D

PS they were fine with electronics (inc CD) except for TO and Landing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

Originally posted by NeVeR
    Just wanted to know does anyone know a site where it tells you what you can and cant bring on a plane.

I mean like can you bring an MP3/CD player Walkman.
    Can you bring your own food, like Chrisps/Bar's

I know you cant bring Beer, and Knifes lol, but just need to know the simple things.

thanks.

you might laugh at the thought of bringing on a knife or some beer...of course theyre the obvious no no's. i had a tweezers and a small bottle of perfume taken from me a couple of years ago. what the hell they thought i could do with a tweezers that would be considered violent eludes me :confused:

slightly off topic...sorry

also, i always bring sandwiches. never rely on plane food. could go seriously wrong.

Advertisement