Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickle.com problem on IOLBB

• 19-04-2004 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I've been trying to access tickle.com here at home and have noticed that it takes forever and no images or style sheets load. I initially thought the server was laden down and that was the problem but it was happening all weekend.
    When I looked at the sites source I saw that images/stylesheets were pointing to i.emode.com
    When I try to ping that address I get "Ping request could not find host i.emode.com. Please check the name and try again."

I checked my HOSTS file for the address incase it was being blocked, but no sign of it. I disabled the WXP firewall to see if that made a difference, nope. No spyware or viruses on the system either.

When I brought this same laptop into DCU and operated it on the wireless network, the site displayed perfectly in all its pictographical glory..

I'm not quite sure what the problem is here but I seems to be at IOL's end. Anyone elese have problems connecting to this site or have any suggestions as to what it could be?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tried it there for u ,
    same result.
    Have u tried accessing it thru a webproxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

same here,,i got an ad for it before ,about an iq test ,so i did the test 127,took my time.
    so i went back so my girl could do the test,,i havent been able to load the webpage since..
    I still get pop ups for tickle,,slows down my connection trying to load the add.
    Cuppa

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Haven't tried a proxy.. Do IOL have one?

Anyone know who's best to contact in IOL about fixing this problem?

Just been on the phone to IOL.. he's going to test it out and ring me back.
    Anyone on eircom not able to access this site properly or is it just IOL I wonder?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

1890923111 is their support number

• Advertisement

as I said, i'd rung it last night already.. thanks though

Advertisement