Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims

Options
  • 19-04-2004 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

does any1 play it here.

the reason i ask is that my girlfriend has started playin it and she was doing fine until this clown just came into the house and she can't get rid of him. make a sh!t of her character. he won't let them sleep or do anything constructive.

Anybody know how to get rid of him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I think the clown comes when your character is really unhappy and it stays there until you character is happy, quite hard to get when that clown follows your character making them unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

You could always cheat a little and seal it into a room, just long enough to make a break for a holiday, if you have that expansion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Yep, the old "seal in a room and re-arrange the furniture" trick always works. As far as I remember, buying the Tragic Clown painting will help also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

As far as I remember, buying the Tragic Clown painting will help also.

Yes. it's supposed to get rid of it.

Or get your Sim's mood up - give them sleep, food, a shower and some social interatcion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Put tables around it.

Also works if you want to kill your Sim. Put tables around them, and make them drink coffee. Atter drinking coffee for 3 days straight, and piddling on the floor contiously, they dies exausheted. The Grim Reaper couldn't get to them, cos of the tables.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by the_syco
    Put tables around it.

Also works if you want to kill your Sim. Put tables around them, and make them drink coffee. Atter drinking coffee for 3 days straight, and piddling on the floor contiously, they dies exausheted. The Grim Reaper couldn't get to them, cos of the tables.

Or invite all the neighbours to a party, build walls around them and wait to see them die one by one.

Whenever I've done this. I haven't saved though as I didn't want to lose all my Sims. Does anyone know what would happen if I did save - would all the Sims in the neighbourhood be gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No shotgun mod for sims then eh?

kdjac

2 things everybody does eventually in the Sims:

1) Creates a big Orgy house.

2) Creates a deathlab, to kill the Sims in various ways.

I don't really want to know what this says for the human psyche...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

If you kill the clown your possible run the risk of having his ghost come back and haunt your house. Kinda funny, but it tends to upset your sims.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

to get rid of the clown, remove the sims cd, place it carefully in a box, ship it to iraq, and wait for the u.s troops to blow it to pieces. and we'll all be happier that theres's one less copy of this ass-clown game.

• Advertisement

Cynic...:D
    I love the Sims...even if I do hide it in a Silent Hill box when my friends come around...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Never played it but my brother has all 8 of the sims. I guess there has been alot of expansions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ea have milked the sims name with countless sequels, adding nothing more than crap you could probably get on the net anyway. the newest one, makin magic, looks utter ****. it adds magic to change certain things in the game. basically its cheating, without actually knowing your cheating. a total waste of space.

In fairness, Maxis encourage you to go download stuff from online fan sites and they've provided programs for designing your own skins, props and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

heh. i spent weeks at that building a graveyard.
    i kept moving in 8 people, drowning them and placing their graves in rows with flowers.
    then i put in a gravekeeper who lived in a small crypt... needless to say he was miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

The Sims 2 is going to rock!

Advertisement