Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"INTERNET ESAT BILL" mysterious charge on my Credit Card

• 19-04-2004 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering what description do Esat use when billing. Last month there was a charge of €83.91 on my credit card with a description of "INTERNET ESAT BILL". I did sign up for their phone service in February (I think) but I was charged the correct amound for the phone bill on a different date with the description "ESAT FUSION". I also signed up for Broadband but this was the end of March, after the charge was applied to my card.

I have been on to Esat numerous times and their accounts dept are supposed to be checking it out (for the last two weeks). They say they don't know anything about the charge, they don't use the description "ESAT FUSION" on their debits.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. What is the description on your bill when they charge you?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

I have IOL BB, paid by cc, and the descriptor has always been "ESAT FUSION".

If you think they have made a mistake don't let it go, keep on at them until you get a refund or a satisfactory explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Originally posted by acid
    If you think they have made a mistake don't let it go, keep on at them until you get a refund or a satisfactory explanation.

I will accept no less than both the above!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by HelterSkelter
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. What is the description on your bill when they charge you?

Thanks in advance.

You should contact your credit card company immediately and get full details of the debit. who debited it and so on. Inform the credit card company that you are currently querying the amount so that they will have it on record in case you formally dispute it later. Also ask their advice for any procedures you may need to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Took me 3 months to get back 250euro,,which they put on my first bb bill,which they over charged for aswell (said they would fix it up in the next bill) ,,waiting for the bill.

Btw it took a lot of calls to them while they checked it out (all made by my wife,go girl)

rgds
    cuppa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Esat Fusion, Dublin 2 is what is on the credit card bill.

I got charged in the first debit for 1 month useage plus pro rate from when i applied, eventhough I didnt get BB for another 3 weeks, charged the 49odd the next mont, nothing for the next month and then double for the month after. Keep an eye or they'll do you though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Update:

It turned out to be nothing to do with ESAT!!!

I made a payment from my credit card to O2 with AIB's 24-hour online banking and it comes up as "INTERNET ESAT BILL". Must be from the days when they were called Esat Digifone. I'll give the o2 accounts dept a call to ask them what they're at!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement