Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Subbed"

Options
  • 19-04-2004 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Any chance that when you click on "subbed" in the menu that it will bring you to the "Last 20 threads in the subscribed forums" (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php) rather than to the usercp.

Opinions?

<< Fio >>
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

oooo, nice idea fio, that could work pretty well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

What if someone isn't subbed to anything?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Is that not the same as the option on the main page just below the ickle men?

"LAtest 20 Threads from all forums. [Show subscribed] "

No, apart from the fact that you can display up to 200 threads or restrict it so that it only shows threads that have been posted on since your last visit (very useful for me right now since I was out of the country briefly and am catching up) it also shows threads that you subscribe to on forums you don't subscribe to. For example, if I subscribe to an after hours or politics thread then it will show up there even though I don't subscribe to those forums.
    What if someone isn't subbed to anything?

Then it will show subbed threads or just a blank page.

To answer the original question, it depends on what people want I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

on the subject of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php would it take much to put in a reload like in the Who's Online page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Eek, please don't make it refresh, I thought that refresh thing on the who's online was a bug. Or my finger slipping.

I wouldn't be keen on a refresh either, it's handy to let sessions timeout every so often to keep the list of threads trimmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Gordon
    Eek, please don't make it refresh, I thought that refresh thing on the who's online was a bug. Or my finger slipping.

I agree I barely make it to the end of the page before it refreshes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by jabberwock
    on the subject of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php would it take much to put in a reload like in the Who's Online page?
    Does your browser have a refresh button? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by ecksor
    To answer the original question, it depends on what people want I guess.
    If people want to go to their user cp there is plenty of ways to do so and I wouldn't say many press "subbed" to go to user cp. AFAIK the only way you can view the subbed.php list is by typing it into the address bar so it wouldn't do any harm to grant smiles his wish.

I also agree that the auto-refresh thing is a bit annoying.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    If people want to go to their user cp there is plenty of ways to do so and I wouldn't say many press "subbed" to go to user cp.

What else would they be pressing it for? That's what it's linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by ecksor
    What else would they be pressing it for? That's what it's linked to.
    I meant if people wanted to get to their control panel they would most likely press the user cp link under the ad or on the front page therefore it wouldn't be any great loss if the subbed link was changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

so it wouldn't do any harm to grant smiles his wish.

HER wish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Ste-

quote:

so it wouldn't do any harm to grant smiles his wish.

HER wish

;) spreading the word?

ecksor, I would tend to press the "user cp" button to go to the user cp, it seems counter intuitative to me to click subbed....

<< Fio >>

What I mean is, what were people expecting to get when they clicked on it if not the usercp (which lists subscribed threads and forums). That subbed script didn't exist until a few weeks ago.

Advertisement