Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP SP1 + Outlook Express = Argh!

Options
  • 19-04-2004 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

After installing XP Service Pack 1, is there any way to make Outlook Express expand the Inbox and Sent folder trees when it starts up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tick "Go directly to Inbox" && "Automatically display folders with unread messages".

if you expand the tree and close it, doesn't it stay expanded when you reopen it?

or am i thinking of something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

That doesn't work. With all message read, if you close OE and open it again the Inbox and Sent Items folders (which I have other folders inside) are not expanded.

In other words, when you start Outlook Express it looks like this:

OE1.gif

instead of this:

OE2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

That's strange 'cos that's what it does in outlook and I'd be surprised if it were that different, i.e. if you have them expanded when you exit, the next time you launch they will also be expanded. Same applies to having them closed.
    Hmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

It's very annoying. It always used to remember what was expanded until I install Service Pack 1.

Advertisement