Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucd Blackboard Services

• 20-04-2004 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Ok are there any other UCD students here that find it not only impossible to log onto the stupid blackboard thing but also impossible to find anyone in the computer services department willing to help!!!???

ima first year arts student and my exams are starting next monday. my psychology notes are all on blackboard and i have been trying fo about 2 months now to get them! i emailed the people at computer services and went to see them but absolutely nothing has been done about it.

am the only one having problems? :confused: :mad: :dunno:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

we're not yet using blackboard in engineering, but from the demo that they have of it, it seems complete crap. it's a lot slower than the current online classes system.

although what really galls me is that online classes is totally free and costs nothing apart from the server it runs on, whilst the college are happily paying licensing fees for a system that i would be ashamed to call 'e-learning'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

im doing b+l and i think its quite good.you can stay in bed and still get notes and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

We use blackboard in Carlow IT, but only one of my lecturers has actually bothered to put anything on it. Its good for holding notes and assignments, but the "online tests" in blackboard suck utter balls for a subject like programming where syntax can vary from person to person. Blackboard in Carlow is quite fast but then we only have about 4000 students and not a lot of them will be using it.

Yes i'm sure blackboard is great. Doesn't online classes do everything blackboard can? And it's cheaper too and blindingly fast, even when you're not in college. Blackboard seems to be a good bit slower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Liesia

Yeah this happened to me last year. It's cause the user name and password are different from the computor login ones. The username is the same as your computor login one and the password is your student number. Or else its vice-versa.

• Advertisement

Proves the point further - the thing can't even synchronize with the Novell NDS. Sounds like a crap overpriced system to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭davemc

starting psych on monday too. totally screwed. login username: a03bf....whatever
    password is student number 0372.....etc.
    best of luck in exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ooh more people in my horribly uncomfortable position of knowing you're going to fail while everyone tells you to be positive...
    m33p
    i should get back to study.
    i have irish tomorrow too :dunno:

Advertisement