Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dire need of help quickly

Options
  • 20-04-2004 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

ok windows xp went tits up this evening, it said the c:\windows\system32\config\system file was missing, after trying several things it just wouldnt boot, was on the verge of reformatting when i just put the boot disk in and and found a repair directory with a system file the same size as the one that was supposedly missing, so i copied that file from the repair directory to the directory listed above and lo and behold i got windows to boot again nps a few things needed to be reinstalled and there all up and running now, but theres one thiing that still isnt right, and thats the AGP speed, it stays off, when i put it to 8 speed agp it asks me to restart the pc, and when i do o go back into the smartgart setting and its still off

Im using the omega cats 4.4, and before this system thing went missing they were working perfectly, ive uninstalled the omegas a few times but it still doesnt work, the bios says 8 speed is enabled so i dunno what else to do

Shin

Comments

Advertisement