Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - they are a complete joke!

Options
  • 20-04-2004 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I'm not gonna get into it because it would take pretty long, but Meteor are a total joke! I strongly advise all of you to steer well clear of them.

They offer low prices, but their service is absolute sh.ite. Their customer-care agents suffer from a horrible inability to be of any help, and tell blatent lies to get you off the phone when they know that they can't answer your questions or help you out (a fact of which I have a lot of proof).

No wonder they have to offer a "free cd player" to get people to buy their phones.

I feel so strongly about this that I would ask that you spread the word.

Their coverage is terrible (and no, it's NOT as good as their website would have you think), their customer care is awful, and they have a criminally bad attitude towards their customers, who they treat like dirt as i'm sure most of you are aware by now.

Avoid them like the plague.

Stick with Vodafone or 02.

jamie

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

do what i did, buy a cheep phone, unlock it and port the number over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

To be fair, that's just your experience with them, going around asking people to boycott them doesn't add credence to your gripe, especially when we don't even know your story.
    For every person who's had a bad time with them there is at least one who has had no problems, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

PS I used to be with them when they first started and even then I had no problems with coverage - I'm actually thinking of switching back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I just switched over a month ago. Customer care has been good and not so good. They took quite a while getting back to me a few times. I also have to stay on hold longer to get someone on the line than Vodafone. Coverage has been a bit annoying from time to time as I have travelled outside the pale to some fairly out of the way places but I mainly stay close to the centre of the universe and then the coverage is fine.
    Overall, the cheaper prices are worth it so far and they aren't in my opinion really that bad at all.
    Vodafone tried to swindle me at least three times over the two years or so I used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I found their service to be pretty good. Trying to get more friends to move over so I can txt them for free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

at the end of the day meteor are good when it comes to coverage inside dublin and
    in reality how often do you really call customer service. if you want somthing as wishful as to get through to someone first time then by all means go to o2 or vodaphone.

but what non-meteor customers don't seem to realise is you don't if at all avoidable ring people. the network works well for texting. so do what me and my friends did make the switch and cash in on your free texts. sure you will never want to/ be able to phone any one ever again but if they were meteor you wouldn't have to. the money saved is also an incentive i buy E20 a month and get 10 free when i was with vodaphone i spent twice that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Jamie, perhaps you could substantiate your rant with some reasons!!!

We all know the limitations in their coverage so tell us what your experiences were!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭halkar

I found Meteor to be better than my previous provider O2. Better coverage in my area (O2 was terrible) and cheap calls to 085 numbers all day (converted all family to 085:D ) Had a bill phone for 6 months but thought better to have pay as you go and they have switched over without asking anything extra even though it was in the middle of contract, they did ask for the remaining 6 months charge at first which would go as credit on the phone but they changed their mind later and best of all I do get the top up 20 and 10 extra offer :D soooooo sweeeeeet.
    I am loving it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Well Jamie8292, not everyone agrees with you and unlike you they've given reasons. In fairness I don't think this thread is going to go anywhere so I'm going to close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement