Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2000 Server

Options
  • 20-04-2004 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

hi all,

I recently have been playing around with win 2k server. I got the DHCP and DNS going (from a book!). I just having two problems i hoope someone can help me with:
    The time on all my machines is wrong and if i correct it, it gets reset to the wrong time shortly after.(the time on the server is correct). And my other problem is that it takes a very long time to log into the computers. The server is an only PII machine and has a 100mbps NIC and i've only got 3 computers hooked up to it (100Mbps Switch). Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

DaemÈn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

How wrong is the time? Like exactly a few hours, or just something random?

Are you using roaming profiles? That machine shouldn't slow it down, it could be that you have a huge amount of stuff in the profiles themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DaemÈn

Tanx for the reply,,

i think i know what u were getting at about the time so checked and fixed !!! thanks.

I don't have roaming profiles set up atall (another thing i want to do but no panic !). it just says applying security etc for a really long time ,.. not much network activity either. so i don't know whether the dely is being introduced by the local machine or by the server. but it does happen on every computer.....

DaemÈn

Advertisement