Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret Hart

• 20-04-2004 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭

who else has been pissed off at the teasing of the wwe by making various reference's to bret and there being no end product.I was really excited by the mention of the phrase"the best there is ...."and the way jr finally called the sharpshooter "bret hart's sharpshooter"when in most previous cases when the move was used it was just described as the sharpshooter.

Ah well it looks like it will be another while yet before i get to see the greatn man in the wwe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

if they brought back the Hitman, pink spandex and all, Id watch Wrestling again. and im not the only one. Be great to get him, Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior back in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

id like to see him back but only for a short time to say goodbye and have grate matches with angle, eddie, hhh and maby micials and vince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

It would be great to see, but there is no way he is ever going to wrestle again. He's not going to put his health (and probably insurance) at risk for of all people, mcmahon.
    If we ever see him on wwe screens, it'll probably be brief and along the lines of a farewell speech.
    I think the better chance of seeing him could possibly be with the growth of a new rival (maybe tna).

What was the final conclusion with the Ultimate Warrior anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

The origional Ultimate Warrior died of Creatine poisioning. It was kept under wraps for years. Im not even totally sure of the whole story...

Hulk Hogan spent time in Japan last year, and was negociating a deal with the TNA:NWA promotion, which feel through, when TNA rehired wrestling writer Vince Russo that has a problem with Hogan, and vica versa. We wont see Hogan on our screens anytime soon. WCW really took that guys heart away.

Finally...
    Bret Hart has a hole in the back of his neck the size of a golf ball. You think Austin is in bad shape, Bret Hart is a violent sneeze away from paralaisis. He had a stroke last year. Bill Goldberg ended Brets career a few years back. And as much as Bret said he would love to have a few last matches especially a rematch with Shawn and a bout with Kurt Angle, we unfortunitly will never see it happen. Ever!

Bret, being my influence as a wrestler in training and as a fan for years as a child, it saddens me to see his past preformances. He truly was the best ever.

Still, there is a chance we could see him make a once off apperence and sucker punch Vince (even though in reality they are on speaking terms). That will be the sh1t.

Hanza

• Advertisement

Youre a wrestler in training

Irish whip wrestling... through and through (Unfortunitly, as moderator, I cant associte myself with one promotion, its not far) however, if anyone is interested in training go right here . All the info is there.

And on the topic of Bret Hart still, the trainer Blake Norton is a grad of the Dungeon. Trained by Stu and Bruce Hart. Great Guy! Very knowledgable.

Any IwW updates will be posted right here... so watch this space...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Originally posted by Hanza
    The origional Ultimate Warrior died of Creatine poisioning. It was kept under wraps for years. Im not even totally sure of the whole story...
    You really should add a smiley when you write things like that. Jim Hellwig is alive and well, and as crazy as ever. The only difference is that now he has changed his name legally to Warrior (not sure if it is just "Warrior" or "Jim Warrior), but it is the same person that has always played the Ultimate Warrior.
    Bret Hart has a hole in the back of his neck the size of a golf ball. You think Austin is in bad shape, Bret Hart is a violent sneeze away from paralaisis. He had a stroke last year.
    The problem with Bret is concussion, not a risk of paralaisis. It took a long time to get over the last one, and any bangs to the head could cause another, even more extreme one to occur. As a result, he can't wrestle, but he could get back into wrestling in a non-participabnt capacity. He has fully recovered from the stroke (which was due to falling off a mountain bike and banging his unprotected head), and has gone on record to say that it is the concussion that is stopping him from being able to wrestle, nothing else.

Originally posted by Johnmb
    You really should add a smiley when you write things like that. Jim Hellwig is alive and well, and as crazy as ever. The only difference is that now he has changed his name legally to Warrior (not sure if it is just "Warrior" or "Jim Warrior), but it is the same person that has always played the Ultimate Warrior.
    I wasnt aware of that! Interesting! I was always told he had a craetine problem, as well as meat injections and other sort of popping, which was always well documentated, but I was almost full sure he had kicked it.

Cheers on the correction!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I wasnt aware of that! Interesting! I was always told he had a craetine problem, as well as meat injections and other sort of popping, which was always well documentated, but I was almost full sure he had kicked it.

Cheers on the correction!

Hanza
    He has a very funny website (very funny in that he is certifiably nuts, not intentionally funny). He has never admitted having any drug problems on it as far as I know, but he has said that he is much smaller now than when he wrestled. He puts it down to the fact that he no longer trains as hard, but it is most likely to do with no longer taking "supplements". His website is:
    http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/
    (He won his legal battle with Vince over the name a few years ago, before he turned up in WCW for a rematch with Hogan.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by Draupnir
    if they brought back the Hitman, pink spandex and all, Id watch Wrestling again. and im not the only one. Be great to get him, Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior back in it.

Hart is unable to wrestle, Hogan is a broken down old man and Warrior is off in la la land. None of these guys will appear in the WWE anytime soon and I for one would rather watch the up and coming talent then these broken down dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

My god man, I think you must be the only one who wants Hogan back, his Mr America gimmick certified his crapiness. He cannot wrestle and he looks more melted than flair. I think we should have learned our lesson about bringing back old guys over the past few years.

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    He cannot wrestle and he looks more melted than flair.
    OI! NO SLAGGING FLAIR!!! :)

He is one of the best, if not the best of all time!

Hanza

Yeah he can wreslte but he still looks melted!

from 411:

Hitman and McMahon meet...

Bret Hart and Vince McMahon met following RAW last night. Hart was not at the show however. It is unknown what was discussed at their meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Bill is right. Hogan and Flair do look melted. And so does Scott Steiner. It's like they melted the wrestlers in WCW or something. :D

It's a great shame Bret can't wrestle anymore. He's my all-time fave wrestler too. I'd love to see him back in the WWE in a non-wrestling role even if only for a short while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Finally...
    Bret Hart has a hole in the back of his neck the size of a golf ball. .

This is kinda true, he has a tear that won't heal in his neck muscles (don't know what they're called) from when goldberg kicked him in the head - can't believe that they still let goldberg in the ring after that

Lay of lads, I dont watch Wrestling anymore, unfortunately the novelty wore off. I just miss the old lads. I still like watchin my old Wrestlemania tapes.

Lay of lads, I dont watch Wrestling anymore, unfortunately the novelty wore off. I just miss the old lads. I still like watchin my old Wrestlemania tapes.
    Why do yo think we should lay off?
    We are just discussing the Bret Hart situation!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pissing_razor

I cant ****ing understand you so called wrestling fans......why do you you want old stars like ultimate warrior, bret and macho man back in wrestling..can u not accept there decisions to stop wrestling?
    and even if they cam back hw long woud they be able to wrestle for before you guys start saying they are crap so get over it and start talking about new starts like a.j styles, christopher daniels and sanjay dut.............

• Advertisement

Ok, Relax dude!
    We are just here discussing our favourite stars of yester years. If you read the entire thread, you will realise that most of the stars in question are still wrestling, or that they cant.

Plus, we always discuss up and coming stars here, if you bothered to read previous topics. Im not angry at you man, you just need to get used to this board.

Anyway, on a totally differnet topic, welcome to boards.ie

Hanza

Sorry pi**ing razor, but if your gonna post here, Id rather if you changed your name, it will not be recieved well, I have to tell you.

Hanza

By the way...600 posts baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Same here...

I did vote for him to return, but I really dunno know. Im very half and half. But I agree with smarias, Vince is doing it for money and kudos, and for that he needs to stay away. But on the other hand I cant see a once off sucker punch go amiss. but hey ho, its up to Vinny Mac and Bret.

A little off topic, moving onto another Hart, did anyone here about Teddy Harts escapades with ROH. He was kicked outta the ROH locker room after running his mouth at a show and refusing to sell. TNA are also having words with him.(Cheak out Total Wrestling Magazine for the full story)

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

From what I understand about the Teddy Hart incident, he got a concussion and that led to a lot of what happened. I've also heard that Samoa Joe is more to blame for the backstage stuff than Hart was.

But you never really know the full truth in wrestling!

All I heard was that Hart is a very ego thistical person and in this case it leas to him getting changed into his gear in his car before the ROH show. Shame... very talented preformer, even if he is the oppisate of what Stu Hart thought a wrestler should be.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I think Bret should return to the WWE but only to say Farwell to the fans, i know he cant wrestle anymore but it would be great to see him say goodbye. i think a good angle would be Vince vs. HBK with Bret as ref, with bret screwing both of them. or somerthing like that. But the only reason vince would bring Bret back is because of money. he knows ratings would go threw the roof for a bret farwell speech. and hart knows this and this may be the reason he hasnt come back yet.

But the only reason vince would bring Bret back is because of money. he knows ratings would go threw the roof for a bret farwell speech. and hart knows this and this may be the reason he hasnt come back yet.
    As much as I love him, we are talking Bret Hart, and he may also return for those reasons, just to feed his ego and get the ratings he thinks he diserves.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Just on the Teddy Hart thing, apparantly he's a very very talented performer and an excellent high flyer but from everything i've read has an attitude problem. What happened at roh was during a cage match. The match was a cage match with platforms above the cage with multiple participants, after the match which he'd lost he got up immedietly after the bell rang and totally no sold one of his opponenets finshers, he then proceeded to go to the top of the cage and flipped off it, which would have been fine if he'd told anyone else in the ring what he was planning on doing. He also has this odd habit of changing his ring costume multiple times before matches. Generally he just seems to rub people up the wrong way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

he met with vince after the raw show in calguary but wasnt at the show or so i heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

As much as I love him, we are talking Bret Hart, and he may also return for those reasons, just to feed his ego and get the ratings he thinks he diserves.

Hanza

Personally I cant see any value in Bret coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    The match was a cage match with platforms above the cage with multiple participants, after the match which he'd lost he got up immedietly after the bell rang and totally no sold one of his opponenets finshers, he then proceeded to go to the top of the cage and flipped off it, which would have been fine if he'd told anyone else in the ring what he was planning on doing.

In fairness to him, he did say that he got a concussion just before that, and can't remember most of it. He made a nice point about the move off the cage, the fans went completely mad for it, but when they found out that it wasn't planned, they all badmouthed him. It makes you think about whether it's good that we know the "inside deal", or if we'd be better off just knowing what happens in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I think the best thing Bret could do would be to come back for one show, not just to say goodbye but to pass the torch. The ideal candidate for such treatment would be Benoit, although it doesn't look like the Crippler needs such a rub now.
    Just imagine how awesome it would have been at Mani if the Hitman had embraced Benoit instead of Eddie (although no dis-respect to Eddie, I thought it was a class) at the end of the show.
    The exact same scenario would have worked equally well, if not better, at Backlash.

And that should be it. He should do this one appearance and then be gone.

Just in case anyone is curios, when I was six years old, my first ever favourite was the Anvil, Jim Neihart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Bret should come back and make some money for himself and have a finale in Wrestling which is the least he deserves...He's had so much grief from Wrestling he deserves a lil more of good from it....in the form of $$$ How in the hell is his Dog the mexican Dog Wrestling champion!????

Advertisement