Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Saga continues

• 20-04-2004 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

O'Leary in Frame for Chelsea Post

Dave O'Leary in the Frame for Chelsea manager .. come on :rolleyes:

If / When Claudio is sacked .. who do people think will get the post ...

LK--<

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Tough call, Dont think Ranieri should go.....

All the usual candidates already mention would do decent job's...

O'leary is a shock.
    McClaren would do well, Sven Erikson could attract some good talent too.....
    Mourina moving on like Cuper did followin Valencia's success....Heard he was listed for the spurs job tho...tough choice spurs or chelski eh??

Wouldnt know who is really their first choice. I think they really want sven, why they want him I dunno, dont really rate him as a great manager. MerryGoRound managers at the moment tho....wouldnt be suprised if they were all still at their clubs next year!! except Carlos Quireoz hes coming back to united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Over my dead body.

If Villa lose him I will go ****ing crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

~If it was April 1st I'd understand this , if David O Dreary come to Stamford Bridge i'll be so pissed I'd nearly consider not renewing my season ticket. DOL has proved that he is a basket case when it comes to spending money, imagine him will unlimited millions !!! Anyway he doesnt like Chelsea after a spat with Bates some time back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Bates is effectively not involved anymore .. he's moving to some other club afaik ... I Dunno I would like to see an irish man at the helm of a club with more money than sense .. I doubt even O'Leary could bankrupt Chelsea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by LizardKing
    I would like to see an irish man at the helm of a club with more money than sense ..

Keano for player manager then ? I mean Robbie of course.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

do spurs have any money ? or even a manager ?

Lizardking,
    I didn't mean that Bates was still involved only that DOL seemed to have a fairly deep rooted dislike of chelsea going back a few years, but I guess as they are all mercenaries they'd quickly swallow their pride (and anything else necessary) to secure a few more million for their retirement fund.

God I hope O Leary isn't seriously being considered.

His Dislike proabably stems from the fact he was an arsenal boyo and the blues are one of there London rivals too ... however as u say if it came down to it , no one in there right mind could turn there backs on chelsea ( thats why I was very surprised to see sven back away and sign up contract extension with engerland ... )

Anyways Its probably just more gutter press made up speculation ... O'Leary probably does not mind cos' it ups his reputation considerably ...

Maybe Chelsea will take Houllier and Heskey in a swap for Ranieri :D

Ranieri's display last nite will not do him any favours come the summer , he'll more than likely be dumped out now ... seemly villa have issued a hands off warning to ChelSki ... like that would stop them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Ranieri's display last nite will not do him any favours come the summer , he'll more than likely be dumped out now ... seemly villa have issued a hands off warning to ChelSki ... like that would stop them :)

I wouldn't cross big Doug would you??:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Wouldnt surprise me if O'Leary did go to Chelsea. Nothing surprises me about Chelsea anymore. On the plus side O'Leary will buy Seth Johnston for 10 million to shore up the paucity of the blues midfield, sell Duff and try to buy Micheal Owen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement