Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Milan Baros Diaries!

• 20-04-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Monday
    Scored 15 goals in training again. Boss still says I'm reecovering well and if I keep up the good work, I'll get my chance.

Emile and Igor were giggling in to their training tops when he said that. I don't like them. Just cause they get to play all the time, they think they're so good.

Tuesday

Can't wait for the Fulham game. Think I've got a good chance of making the team this week as Emile has been awful in training (as usual) only scoring once, then doing that silly club DJ celebration thing, but Le Boss laughed when he did it and said something about cream always rising to the top. Didn't know he grew up on a farm?

Wednesday

Scored 10 more goals in training today. Emile walked about for half an hour, then finally scored when a Danny Murphy half volley deflected past Luzi off his arse. Le Boss stopped training and told everyone to look how professional he was and if we could all be a bit more like Emile, we'd be in good shape. Stevie and Carra started laughing until Tommo explained to them that Le Boss was serious, at which point they started pretending like they had something stuck in their throat. It looked to me like Thommo was crying and I don't think it was from laughter.

Thursday

Scored 8 today and set up Mickey for a half dozen or so. He's still got a long, long way to go to catch me in the training goals table. Stevie is my nearest rival with half as many goals and Flo-Sinny-Po hot on his heals. Emile has almost scored as many as Carra. Jamie is so funny when he scores in training. He really celebrates every goal. the lad is quality and I can see why the local lads love him. Boss had us rehearse our 7-3-0 formation today, its new and we employ it as a sort of playn B if we go a goal down. Jerzy is deployed as an overlapping winger on the counter-attack. Thommo seemed to really like the idea. He didn't say anything to Le Boss, but I heard him saying it was Fcukin brilliant" to Sammy Lee. I like Sammy, although his response seemed to indicate that he doesn't like French people.

Friday

Le Boss gave us all an inspiring pre training talk today, insisting that tomorrow would be our chance to "turn the corner"... sometimes I misunderstand what the boss means, so I asked Vladi if it had something to do with an inswinger? He said it had nothing to do with corners at all, but meant we would win tomorrow. Vladi's a great bloke, but he believes in all that crystal ball mumbo jumbo coz he's got gypsies in his family. I don't really like gypsies. They scare me almost as much as midgets!

Saturday

Well, same-old same-old. Spent 70 minutes on the bench watching Emile Heskey fall over, turn without the ball, jump for headers and get beaten to headers by defenders that make Junhino look tall and walk around a lot. He kept getting in John-Arne's way at left back, so I don't think he fully understood the 7-3-0 formation. His control was sublime today though, with the ball only bouncing 10 feet in front of him off his knee, instead of going out for a throw in as usual.... so, Le Boss was probably right to keep me on the bench.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

His control was sublime today though

not bad at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by Kone
    but Le Boss laughed when he did it and said something about cream always rising to the top. Didn't know he grew up on a farm?

LOL:D

Advertisement