Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Tour of Defiance look out...

• 20-04-2004 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

OK guys! This thread is for all, either attending the show, or on the look out for wrestlers close to the date.

All I want posted here are updates (not rumours) on the tour of defiance shows here next month. Any signings and apperences, see a star on the street in a shop, get the news to us ASAP.

The reason for this is so that no one will be left in the dark regarding the biggest wrestling event in Ireland (aside from IwWs lsecond show;)) and everyone will know whats happening

NB:This thread will be un-stuck after the night of the second show. So post all the up dates guys!

Hanza

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

This is the most complete list I've seen of the superstars attending. I got it off a British ticket website:
    Featuring all your favourite Raw Superstars including:
    World Champion Chris Benoit
    Triple H
    Shawn Michaels
    Chris Jericho
    Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton
    World Tag Team Champions Ric Flair & Batista
    Kane
    Christian
    Trish Stratus
    Shelton Benjamin
    Matt Hardy
    Women's Champion Victoria
    Lita
    The Hurricane
    ...and many more!!!
    Card is subject to change.

As long as Jericho, Hardy, Benoit and Christian are there, I'm happy! Funny, Edge isn't listed, but Benjamin is.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Out of interest how long on average are house shows???
    Also, do they waste as much time talking?
    Does each show have a mini running storyline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I think they're run much more like ppvs, with an emphasis on the wrestling rather than the talking, i can't remember how long the show ran last time they were here, but they're usually between the two and three hour mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Last time they were here (all those years and years ago), it was pretty much wrestling all the way. Only mic work was from guys who used mic work as their gimmick (e.g. IRS a couple of years before that).
    Not sure if the format of house shows has changed but I wouldn't expect as much stalling as say the WWA did.
    About 2 and half to 3 hours (including the 15 minute intermisson).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

just heard that you can buy fan packages from wwe.com international for 300 euro.these include front row seats/free food and drink/free t shirt/and a chance to meet 2 wrestlers and mingle backstage.does anyone know any more about this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

If some one has full details on this could they please post a http or paste the info. It would be much appreciated.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Im goin,back row floor seats :(

Anyone else in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

One person from raw who probably won't be appearing is Lance Storm

http://www.stormwrestling.com/042604.html

ive seen the list of superstars but i was wondering when will we see the card in full

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Shawn Michaels isnt gonna be there.

where did you hear hbk is not going to be there?

Originally posted by Lordz
    Shawn Michaels isnt gonna be there.

Josh Mathews said during SD this morning that HBK would be there. Along with Evolution, Benoit, Edge, Jericho, Bischoff, Victoria, and "many more".

Thats the english show it will be different for the irish shows. I really hope trish and Matt HArdy are there, then Im set :D

No more news on anything thats going down. Hopefully Easons or somthing with have a signing.

Hanza

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm going... Bringing my brother to it. It should be a good show. I have never seen the Raw Wrestlers before. Lookin forward to seeing Triple H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

Originally posted by Hanza
    Thats the english show it will be different for the irish shows. I really hope trish and Matt HArdy are there, then Im set :D

No more news on anything thats going down. Hopefully Easons or somthing with have a signing.

Hanza

he said fans in the uk and ireland..i dont see how the english shows are gonna be diffeent from the irish ones, theyre on the days straight after, ir ekcon theyll be exactly the same

Strange!

For weeks they have been pushing the Tour of Defiance as a souly english show. Glad they finally have acnoliged us. Only 2 days and 2 weeks left. Or to make it seem even shorter, 16 days. Whos excited!

I know I am :D

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

I'd say the reason they were pushing only the english dates were that they weren't sold out. No need to advertise the Irish shows since they sold soooo quickly.

Yeah, I think the Irish shows were sold out before they had even started advertising the English ones on tv. No point in advertising the Irish ones so.

They still could at least have mentioned that the RAW supertstars are coming to Ireland and then done the date thing, blah blah blah! Anyway! At least they started mentioning it!

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Why Too Jay

I'd expect to see a Tag-Team main event. I was at the Smackdown! Passport to Pain in Manchester in November, and the Main Event was Taker and Angle versus Cena and Lesnar. To avoid injuries I suppose! Brill nonetheless! It should be fun, on tours like this, they alwaya have a bit of fun in the ring. ie. Angle doin Taker's "old skool" from the second rope, and all the faces kickin the livin daylights outta Big Show! Also, Taker got on the mic after the show, and made a speech bout how it was all for the fans etc. Had a great time, really lookin forward to RAW in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Its should be good My mom asked J.R at the autograph session before Wrestlemania if they would bring the big names and he said you wouldn't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Hey your mom's lied to me before haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beano2004

This is the event card for Tour of Defiance 2004.

The Hurricane & Rosey Vs. Val Venis & Maven

Trish Vs Lita Bra & Panties

Christian Vs. Jericho

William Regal Vs. Eugene

Shelton Benjamin Vs Matt Hardy Lumber Jack Match

Chris Benoit & HBK Vs Rick Flair & HHH

Kane Vs Batista & Randy Ortan Handicap & Steel Cage match

Card subject to change

My father works for a big printing company in Dublin & is printing the programe's for the tour in ireland. He was giving these matches a couple of weeks ago.

I wouldn't take that as the final card, does anyone remember that event on PPV in England where the card had been decided for ages, only to be completely changed on the night of the show?

That main-event seems a bit strange too, unless Kane were to turn face? Same with Benjamin and Matt.

Are you calling me a liar (edit)

In promational events like this face & heel does'nt really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

My mom doesn't lie...if anything J.R would he seemed a lil bit wasted when we were talking to him

its unlikely that matt hardy and christain will be wrestling as they are said to be imjured which is a crying shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

what days are the shows on

Can yall keep the language clean, no need for name calling.

And this is a discussion for reasonable or confirmable TOD news. I dont want people cluttering this thread with arguments or flaming.

Beano2004 said that his father works for a print company and thats the card, then thats justifible and he is doing what this thread is ment for. Not that it wont change, but thats the news I was looking for.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Hello all,

Will La Resistance / Rene Dupuis be there you recon?

Thanks.

Givn how raw is going at the moment i'd say it's much more likely to see something like:

HBK vs HHH (or some sort of tag team version of that)

Kane vs Benoit

Shelton ve Orton or flair and orton vs shelton and edge

Eugene vs Cade( i doubt they'd do eugene vs regal unless they decide to do and angle where bischoff set up a match between them to finally tr to get eugene to quit, but they'll probably drag things out a bit before they do that)

Jericho vs Tomko(unless christian heals quicker)

Womens match

though seeing as the wwe change things so often, this could all be total nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

From another msg board, here is the card:

HHH Vs HBK

Benoit Vs Kane

Orton Vs Shelton

Y2J Vs Christian

Edge Vs Flair (or Batista)

La resistance vs Matt Hardy and someone i cant remember.

I also heard thta Bisch will be there, ditto Eugene, and Trish.

Sounds suspiciously like what the card for Bad Blood will be. I dont care a slong as Evolotion/HBK/Y2J and Benoit are there.

I am in the tiered seaing row B, so I would imagine they are good tickets.

What time are people going there for? I hear a good pre/post pub is a gaf called Riddlers? Anyone know anything of this??? This is going to be my first event, so cant effing wait.

Anyone doing signs?

Originally posted by beano2004
    This is the event card for Tour of Defiance 2004.

The Hurricane & Rosey Vs. Val Venis & Maven

Trish Vs Lita Bra & Panties

Christian Vs. Jericho

William Regal Vs. Eugene

Shelton Benjamin Vs Matt Hardy Lumber Jack Match

Chris Benoit & HBK Vs Rick Flair & HHH

Kane Vs Batista & Randy Ortan Handicap & Steel Cage match

Card subject to change

My father works for a big printing company in Dublin & is printing the programe's for the tour in ireland. He was giving these matches a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry to go against ya Hanza, but I am.
    This is highly doubtful, as none of these matches make sense if you compare them to storylines currently on Raw!!

Plus, its a well none fact that the programs dont contain the matches, they just have small bio's on the brands wrestlers, so yes you are a total and utter liar!!
    Proof is that the last smackdown tour in belfast didnt have match listings in the programs, and that in America the programs at house shows still have Brock on the cover so they are not updated!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Magnolia_Fan
    My mom doesn't lie...if anything J.R would he seemed a lil bit wasted when we were talking to him

Hahaha, brilliant comeback!!
    My hat is off to you, Jay&SilentBob Fan!!

Originally posted by LanceStorm
    Sorry to go against ya Hanza, but I am.
    I didnt say that! It was posted by someone else.

Hanza

Originally posted by Hanza
    I didnt say that! It was posted by someone else.

I think he was referring to when you said that Beano had good news, and that people shouldn't be arguing with news.

And going by the way the storylines are heading, there's absolutely no way Kane would headline against Batista and Orton. They'd all be heels, and we'd be left with a bit of a sour taste in our mouths at the end, WWE knows how to do better business than that.

On a sidenote, Smackdown is coming to Belfast in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

On a further side note, whenever WWE has ever toured, the matches that are put on, are not necessarily going to match with ongoing storylines. I remember a tour a few years ago for England and none of the matches went with any of the storylines at all - so yes WWE are known for putting on matches for the sake of putting them on - simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

House Shows aren't always done in the same fashion as TV tapings. Nowadays, they tend to be used as a testing ground for new material. It gets the wrestlers used to working with each other, and they get to see how things look before it gets tried on TV.

This exact house show has been used for their last 3 dates by the way.

The current house-show run is the one listed below, so there is every possibility that this is the EXACT same show we'll be seeing on Wednesday/Thursday night. (Which I'll be ringside at by the way!!!! :D )

People may not want to read this, so I'll understand if the Mods want to alter it.

****SPOILERS*****

5/22/04: PHILADELPHIA, PA (WACHOVIA CENTER)
    RAW BRAND HOUSE SHOW RESULTS
    Mark Myers - Philly, PA

Just got back from the Philadephia WWE Raw Brand House Show at the Wachovia Center. Crowd was pretty light after coming off of the Royal Rumble being there last. I’d guess maybe 4000-5000 people. Only floor and lower levels used and not at all near capacity.

First up the show begins with the Coach coming out and telling us he is our ring announcer/host for the evening. We all stand for the National Anthem and….
    La Resistance music hits! Instant crowd heat. USA chants start.

Match #1- La Resistance vs. Rosey and the Hurricane. Good opening match, back and forth. Hurricane and Rosey win via pinfall after a double team drop/stunner combo.

Next we get Trish and Tyson Tomko sans Christian. We were supposed to have Y2J vs. Christian in a steel cage. However, Trish tells us he couldn’t compete and she had a “doctor’s” note. Y2J comes out and bad mouths Trish and calls her the Bottom feeding trashbag Ho thing. Johnny Nitro comes out and informs us that Eric Bischoff has left him in charge and their will be a cage match with Y2J vs. Tyson Tomko! Trish and Tomko are pissed and the match is set for later in the night.

Match #2- Rhyno vs. Garrison Cade. Rhyno was way over here in Philly. ECW chants galore! Coach tries to interfere and receives a gore for his trouble. Eugene wonders out during the match with his jackethood covering his face. He played “peek-a-boo” with the crowd and caused a distraction for Cade who received a gore of his own. Rhyno covers for the win! William Regal comes out and takes young master Eugene to the back.

Match #3- Batista vs. Shelton Benjamin. Batista comes out and says Shelton has beaten all of Evolution members except him. Tonight Shelton adds another win by beating Batista and a great match by pinfall.

Match #4- Test vs. Matt Hardy. Test comes out first and puts his hand out to the crowd to shake some hands. Someone actually fell for it and Test said yeah right and pulled away. Pretty funny. Hardy comes out to a hot pop without Lita. Match ends with the Test Pump handle slam. If that wasn’t enough Kane comes out and beats down V1 and says he was looking for Lita all day and it’s a good thing she’s not there. Also says he’s glad she said “YES” on RAW. This leads into….

Match #5- WWE World Champion Chris Benoit vs. Kane. If this match is any indication to what is to come at Bad Blood, fans are going to be pleasantly surprised. Lots of domination by Kane with Benoit coming back with not one but two flying headbutts to which Kane sat up after each of them! Several attempts of the Crippler crossface until finally Kane couldn’t get away and had to tap! Winner and still champ Chris Benoit via submission.

Coach tells us about a brief inrtermission while the cage is set up.

Match #6- Chris Jericho vs. Tyson Tomko (w/Trish) in a steel cage. Well they brought out the 80’s blue cage and that was a surprise! Not the chain link fence they normally use. Crowd was actually not into this and i feel Christian would have generated more heel heat and no one cared about Tomko. Trish generated some heat by slapping Y2J as he tried to escape the cage door. She came in the ring with a chair at one point and got spanked for her troubles. Cage was very wobbly and I was afraid with all of Tomko’s weight it might buckle. Jericho wins after knocking Tomko off the cage back into the ring. Trish attempted to stop him but it was too late. Winner Chris Jericho via escape of the cage.

During the break of taking the cage down, Coach and the T-Shirt gun guy prepared to launch some shirts into the “close” crowd at ringside. Usually they shoot up in the upper decks but no one was there. This brought out Eugene again and he shot some shirts to the crowd. Coach wasn’t thrilled with Eugene being there and told Regal that he better take him out of there or he will tell Eric Bischoff about it Monday Night. Coach then gets the shot in the nuts from the gun by Eugene. Coach sells it in the corner and Johnny Nitro comes out to yell and he then got his own ballbuster from Eugene. The crowd loved it and Regal seemed to be laughing hysterically. This definitely killed the time it took to disassemble the cage.

Match #7- IC champ Randy Orton vs. Edge. Pretty technical match. Crowd wasn’t into it. Lots of rest holds. Actually heard a few boring chants. Randy wins by pinfall after Batista runs in and Edge ends up in a RKO. The aftermatch beatdown continued until Chris Benoit ran in for the save.

Match #8- Women’s champ Victoria vs. Molly Holly. Good match for these two. Victoria pulls off Molly’s wig and it distracts her enough to be set up in the widow peak and then the pinfall. Crowd wasn’t into this one either but Victoria looks smokin in person!

Match #9 and MAIN EVENT- Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels. Huge pop for HHH and HBK. A rematch from the Royal Rumble. Shawn blades and blood goes flying everytime HHH punches him. Spit goes flying when HBK hits HHH. Real sanitary match for the crowd!
    Match ends with a bump to Referee Mike Chioda, then Randy Orton running in and trying to distract HBK. Batista ran in to but HBK somehow hits the sweet chin music and HHH is down for the count. Yes HHH jobbed to HBK by pinfall. Kinda suprised me but it was only a house show. After HBK left HHH got on the mic and the real show started. This guy is great when he is unrestricted like he is on TV. He ripped on the crowd with Batista and Orton, which the crowd liked. Philly is definitely Evolution country and next time Flair better be there! Another funny spot happened before the mic work too. Batista and Orton helped HHH to his feet after getting Sweet chin music and they thought he was balanced and steady. HHH then crashes to the mat. Batista and Orton tried to hide their smiles but it was pretty funny.

Good card over all, Smackdown taping scheduled for Tuesday July 20th next time for Philly. Here are the POP and HEAT lists:

POPS:
    1. Benoit
    2. Eugene
    3. HHH
    4. HBK
    5. Edge

HEAT
    1. Coach (especially when he announced the Philly Flyers lost Game 7 and are out of contention for the Stanley Cup….great heel move!)
    2. Kane
    3. La Resistance (interrupting the National Anthem)
    4. Cade
    5. Trish

• Advertisement

Actually, I'd compare an overseas show more to a TV taping than a house show in terms of the matches. They usually sort of put on something special, and most of the time it does have some keeping with current storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just a day to go. Ive never looked fwd to something so much!

Just hope my first wrestling event isnt like losing my virginity. Awkward, cold, blind and over to early.

Advertisement