Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jase and the Wheeled Warriors

• 20-04-2004 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

What were the baddies in this called again? Super show it was, wonder if you can download episodes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Monster Mines I think...

or M M M Monster Mines.. :)

Edit:

Actually... Monster Minds! duhhh.. all these years and I thought they were MInes! tsk! :)

Pretty good site here:
    http://pages.ivillage.com/rootarchive/FAQmonsterminds.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I HATED that cartoon - I'd actually leave the room if it was on, stupid plant machines....

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Tribble, thats a bit harsh, it was a great show with a superb theme tune. Saw Boss haha, the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ramius

if you have sky digital you can watch it on fox kids channel 609 at 11pm every week night just after another favourite "Ulysses 31" not that i stay up to watch them

Yeah, the Wheeled Warriors were great. Never saw (pardon the pun) the full thing. Just like Ulyses31! Great cartoon! Have the theme tune here somewhere..... I suppose you can get that on DVD at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Never saw the full thing
    I don't think it ended. At least I never saw the end and have serious closure issues with it to this day.

Ring of light indeed.Bástards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Ulysses 31 was my favourite cartoon ever, can you get this on DVD (in english) ?

as for Jayce , i hated that floating fish , whatever it's name was

alas, never saw the end of either series , boo-urns

Fionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Jayce was cancelled before it finished. Ulysses had an end which was pretty good but out of all the 80's favourites Ulysses has aged the most, whether it's degredation or not the Fox Kids showing of it now are terrible to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Fionn101
    Ulysses 31 was my favourite cartoon ever, can you get this on DVD (in english) ?

Think this might be it here, but there doesn't seem to be much information to go on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Kevok
    Ulysses has aged the most, whether it's degredation or not the Fox Kids showing of it now are terrible to look at.

Yeah it does look really shitty. M.A.S.K. isn't looking too hot either.
    You'd think they would re-master the transfers and release them on dvd.

They've started releasing the original He-Man cartoons on dvd. No idea what the quality is like though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I remember reading the plot outline for the end of 'Jayce...'.
    This is all I could find about a proposed movie that was never made.

J. Michael Straczynski (creator of Babylon 5) one of the regular series writers, wrote a never-produced Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors movie script at DIC's request. In this movie, Straczynski says, Jayce found his father, destroyed the Monster Minds forever, and found everlasting love. The reason DIC abandoned plans to produce the movie is unknown. Unfortunately, Straczynski is not able to share the script due to copyright difficulties.

Considering how much I loved the Thundercats, G.I Joe & Transformers feature movies, I'd LOVE to have seen a Jayce one. Ho Hum :(

BTW: In America, there's a company called Animation Station releasing random episodes on DVD of Jacye, Ulysses and a few other 80s cartoons. Apparently they're trying to sell as much in idividual sets before they go for series box sets. Talk about annoying :mad:

Jayce DVD

Ulysses 31 DVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

any1 who is interested jase and the wheel warriors and MASK are on every sunday on fox kids, only found out 3 weeks ago, brought a tear to my eye seeing these classics back on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

what was that cartoon, that had some one called something like brave star or lone star and he'd say stuff like strength of the bear and eyes of the eagle and had other animal like powers?

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    what was that cartoon, that had some one called something like brave star or lone star and he'd say stuff like strength of the bear and eyes of the eagle and had other animal like powers?

data

did that used to be on tcc, a boy and a girl had a chain or something and in the last episode they turn their keys simultaneously or sum sh-it like that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i don't know tbh but tcc the mention of that brings back memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

eh yeah data: bravestar, arch enemy tex hex, was a great show....

but jayce and the wheeled warriors.... i wonder who came up with the ideas for such shows.... off their heads thinking up heroes that fought big plants in great looking vehicles

you know what im getting at.......

tv now is boring!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Do not diss the beauty that was Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. It was too damn good for this world.

sorry forgot to mention that i liked the show, but i really was just wondering about the people that came up with such shows

imagine getting paid for it!!

Originally posted by krattapopov
    eh yeah data: bravestar, arch enemy tex hex, was a great show....

Bravestar was a pretty god damn cool show, but I always thought the horse was cooler than Bravestar himself. He did talk, didn't he? I'm not just imagining that? And he had a big shotgun... right?

Loved the bits when the city turned into some kind of massive fortress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Originally posted by Karl Hungus

Loved the bits when the city turned into some kind of massive fortress.

Me too :D big metal panels slid over everything.

• Advertisement

the horse did talk, cant think of his name

Originally posted by krattapopov
    the horse did talk, cant think of his name

30/30. Never liked the horse. He looked like Tina Turner!
    bravestarr1.jpg
    See? :)

Full article here.

Ah yeah it's all coming back now...

I always thought Tex Hex was a pretty lame baddie though.

I used to watch the Bravestar Movie soooo much when I was younger, it really rocked lots.

The transforming city was damn cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

That DVD of Ulysses 31 - The Mysteries of Time? Is that the complete series or what? There's 26 episodes but Fox Kids just keep showing the first 13 over and over. They mustn't actually have the other episodes. It's still a great cartoon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Adeptus Titanicus
    He looked like Tina Turner!
    bravestarr1.jpg

or possibly....
    _39435879_darkness_pa.jpg

That DVD of Ulysses 31 - The Mysteries of Time? Is that the complete series or what?

The DVD is only 88mins long with 4 episodes

The classic Greek poem, "The Odyssey" by Homer is also given a science fiction twist with Ulysses 31 - The Mysteries of Time. After angering the Gods, Ulysses and the crew of his spacecraft, the Odysseus, are catapulted to the ends of the Universe with no way of finding Earth. In "Father of Time," Ulysses must battle the Master of Time, who has captured the Odysseus. In the second episode, "Strange Meeting," Ulysses must travel back in time to save Telemachus. In the final episode, "Before the Flood," the crew explores a mysterious ice planet that may hold the secret to the history or future of Earth.
    The DVD also comes with the bonus episode, "The Magic Spells of Circe," where Ulysses battles Circe, a powerful Sorceress, who has turned space travelers into pigs.

This order means the DVD includes a random selection of episodes 9, 24, 15 + 16.
    Bloody annoying that they're not even 4 episodes in a row, but as I mentioned, the company Animation Station is doing this with all the cartoon series they've acquired. Hopefully they'll issue a proper box set at some stage, but who knows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I loved those cartoons, recently they are all up on the college network, I was finally able to see the ending to Ulysses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bluedog

Would have love to seen the endings to those cartoons, i used to get really disappointed and frustrated when Jayce met his father for the 34th time and it was another baddie or when they got to a place in Ulysses where they could de-frost everyone but it turned out to be a trap.....every time. Think it may have left some deep psychological scarring.........

Ah well, as these and other cartoons seem to constitute about 80% of my childhood memories i can't give out too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement