Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering an expired domain name

Options
  • 20-04-2004 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question – certain domain name, registered by someone else, expired yesterday (according to the whois lookup). However, domain reg. Services still says that name is taken. How does this work? How long should I wait before I get to register than domain name myself?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Not a dumb question at all.

Look at this to see roughly how this works -

http://www.snapback.net/deleteprocess.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for link, Johnny!

Damn, it s*cks that I have wait nearly three months before the domain name becomes available to register!

Well, fingers crossed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I had to wait a month for my name.com to become available after it expired.

I wrote to the register (melbourneit) asking when it was going to be available but they didn't reply. So I just checked back every few days.

I got it though and was well pleased, didn't use snapback though.

tribble

Thanks tribble, I guess I will do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

If the name has any value or meit, it will probably be reregistered the second it becomes available.

It might be worth registering with one of the sites that try and grab the domain the moment its dropped. Most of them only charge you if the manage to get the domain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

and if its netsol, good luck!!

.cg

yet another stupid question - how do I know if the domain is with netsol at the moment?

Who is lookup says:

Registration service provided by : M6.net
    visit: http://domreg-m6.net

Does it mean its not with netsol?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Unless they are a reseller of NetSol, then yes. Look out for "Registrar:" lines that contain "networksolutions".

.cg

Advertisement