Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Carr

• 20-04-2004 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

...has pulled out of the Squad to face Poland.

Opinions?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Apparently it's a genuine injury and he'll miss the Arsenal match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by kaids
    Apparently it's a genuine injury and he'll miss the Arsenal match.
    Bull**** read my post here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1557319#post1557319

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

OMG there is something definitely up. Maybury is agian the only RB we have now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Well if thats the case then Carr is a hypocrite. Protesting against keane refusing to play for his country and being let back by Carr refusing to play for his country!! Only in Ireland could this happen:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by irish1
    Bull**** read my post here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1557319#post1557319

So because carr was asked to train like a pro he goes off in a huff?

the mickey mouse training sessions that used to go on in the lead up to big internationls i'm not suprised that keane a _real_ pro tried to avoid them like the plague

it's not a holiday camp they're running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Hmmmmm the plot thickens!

BTW Do you think Roy and Jason will room together? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

from RTE
    Tottenham captain Stephen Carr has just had an injection to ease a back injury and he will miss Sunday's home date with champions-elect Arsenal and his country's friendly next Wednesday.

White Hart Lane stand-in boss David Pleat told: "Carr has had a back injection which makes him unavailable to play for the Republic. He wouldn't be fit enough for the game as he needs to rest. We're withdrawing him and they'll be getting a call from us this afternoon."

Carr has a genuine injury ... :rolleyes:
    Maybury is agian the only RB we have now.
    Cunningham can play Right Back - sure he played most of this career there... and O'Shea being a natural right footer - he could play there aswell... <edit> Oh and McAteer can play there <edit>

We should be more worried about Left back tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Emboss
    So because carr was asked to train like a pro he goes off in a huff?

the mickey mouse training sessions that used to go on in the lead up to big internationls i'm not suprised that keane a _real_ pro tried to avoid them like the plague

it's not a holiday camp they're running.

Considering Chris Hughton, the Spurs No. 2 is the Irish Assistant Manager and Coach, I sincerely doubt that those allegations are true.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He always seems to be injured, such a shame, a fine player, with Anderton and Carr always injured you would wonder if the spurs physio is any good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

i won't mind if it means we get a look at stephen kelly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by syke
    Considering Chris Hughton, the Spurs No. 2 is the Irish Assistant Manager and Coach, I sincerely doubt that those allegations are true.

You'd imagine Hughton would have known the score and told Kerr not to pick him though if he was injured, wouldn't you?

As for Carr missing Sunday's match because of injury, he was gonna be serving a suspension anyway so that may be a conveniant cover story.

from BBC website

Tottenham v Arsenal

Tottenham centre-back Dean Richards came through a 65-minute work-out for the reserves on Monday night after his Achilles problem, while Darren Anderton is back in training after a similar complaint. Stephen Carr serves the second match of his three-game suspension.

Advertisement