Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Shape Clio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Under the picture it says
    New Clio to be launched early next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Buy a Polo or Yaris instead.... french car = pain in the backside for resale and reliability. Friend has a laguna 02, has been in for new elec window motors, replacement on board computer and a strange noise in the exhaust system Renault pride themselve on scoring high on the EuroNCap crash tests, which is all well and good but you might not get up enough speed to crash n the first place.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Originally posted by bennyx_o
    Under the picture it says

yeah but that was supposed to be early this year and I still haven't heard anything about it coming in!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

They will probably wait until they can flog all the old models on the forecourts before
    they have the official release.. :D

Tox

What does anyone think of the new model? I think its class and contemplating buying it - depending on if I get a job or not!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Do you have a car already?

If so, Id hold onto it for a while until you get settled into your new job as the last
    thing that you want to do is splash out on a new car only to find that you have to
    sell it 6 months down the road because the job didnt work out..

Something that happened to a mate of mine a few years back and it was
    heartbreaking for him due to the fact that he had wanted this particular car for ages
    and when he did manage to get it, he only had the pleasure of driving it for 6 lousy
    months..

Tox

Well i do have a car yes! Its the oldest model of the clio. I was so mad when i bought it to find out about the new model (around at the minute). but then i saw this new shape and its class. I'm gonna hang on for a while before I buy it cos I still don't know if I will get a job and how long for!!

Thanks for the advice:D

Originally posted by Pinkchick03
    Thanks for the advice:D

Best of luck with the job hunting and hopefully ur new purchase..

Let us know how you get on.. :)

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

I have a Clio, 02 and have had no problems at all :) It's great little motor and gets you where you want to be and quick! (got it up to a ton, 100, the other day)

I'd recommend it but I've been warned that After-sales and Dealer care are a bit crap, plus the parts are apparently hard to come by and expensive to get off Renault. Otherwise get one, granted my engine might be bigger than you're getting - and the few mods to the engine I've put in might be making all the difference.

Having driven a Punto before this, it's a dream :)

Originally posted by mudflapgirl
    .......After-sales and Dealer care are a bit crap

I think this can be said of almost any dealership, well any ive come across, once they
    have got you to sign on the dotted line and you start that engine and drive out the
    front gate... the only time they want to hear from you again is when you've come
    back in a few years to buy again.. preferrably when you have a wad of cash after off loading your old car privately.. :rolleyes:

Tox

• Advertisement

Mudflapgirl >I was talking about a brand new shape thats coming out later this year or next year... look at the first url in my first post! - its so class

Advertisement