Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WMD to be discovered in Iraq - the saga continues

Options
  • 20-04-2004 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

http://www.hypocrites.com/article17124.html

so the US will "find" the weapons.. then claim "we didn't know where to look before" all in the run up to Bush's election.. how wonderful...

when this happens
    don't say I didn't warn yas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

An Iraqi source close to the Basra Governor's Office told the MNA that new information shows that a large part of the WMD, which was secretly brought to southern and western Iraq over the past month, are in containers falsely labeled as containers of the Maeresk shipping company and some consignments bearing the labels of organizations such as the Red Cross or the USAID in order to disguise them as relief shipments.
    The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, added that Iraqi officials including forces loyal to the Iraqi Governing Council stationed in southern Iraq have been forbidden from inspecting or supervising the transportation of these consignments. He went on to say that the occupation forces have ordered Iraqi officials to forward any questions on the issue to the coalition forces. Even the officials of the international relief organizations have informed the Iraqi officials that they would only accept responsibility for relief shipments which have been registered and managed by their organizations
    The Iraqi source also confirmed the report about suspicious trucks with fake Saudi and Jordanian license plates entering Iraq at night last week, stressing that the Saudi and Jordanian border guards did not attempt to inspect the trucks but simply delivered them to the U.S. and British forces stationed on Iraq's borders.

A professor of physics at Baghdad University also told the MNA correspondent that a group of his colleagues who are highly specialized in military, chemical and biological fields have been either bribed or threatened during the last weeks to provide written information on what they know about various programs and research centers and the possible storage of WMD equipment.
    The professor also said these people have been openly asked to confirm or deny the existence of research or related WMD equipment. A large number of these scientists, who are believed to be under the surveillance of U.S. intelligence operatives, have claimed that if they refuse to comply with this request, they may be killed or arrested on charges of concealing the truth if these weapons are found by the Bush administration in the future.

He said that the Iraqi scientists believe their lives would be in danger if they decline to cooperate with the occupation forces, especially when they recall that senior U.S. officer Michael Peterson once said, "Iraqi scientists are at any case a threat to the U.S. administration, whether they talk or not."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Memnoch
    when this happens
    don't say I didn't warn yas

And if it doesn't happen in the timeframe you suggest (i.e. before the election)? Will you remember to post up an "I was wrong" thread instead?

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Originally posted by bonkey
    And if it doesn't happen in the timeframe you suggest (i.e. before the election)? Will you remember to post up an "I was wrong" thread instead?

jc

And if it does happen will you remember to post up a "sorry for not believing you" thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Originally posted by bonkey

jc

sure glady...

right now based on context and circumstance, I believe that this is something the american's intend on doing...
    My main contention is that if WMD are found in iraq now, it is most likely because the US has planted them there...

I do believe as the article points out, this is MOST likely before the current election...

this does not mean that if they hold off till after the elections.. that they didn't plant them as is pointed out in the articles.. but lets wait and see I guess.

this is one issue that I will be GLAD to be wrong on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

WMDs will be found week before US elections, US had plenty time to plant them :D

• Advertisement

I stopped reading after this:
    Given the recent scandals to the effect that the U.S. president was privy to the 9/11 plot, they might try to immediately announce the discovery of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq in order to overshadow the scandals and prevent a further decline of Bush's public opinion rating as the election approaches.

A security document that suggested that Alqueda might try to hi-jack planes is not evidence that Bush was privy to 9-11.

The article is loaded and biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tall_freak

When it comes to the issue of WMD in iraq.... let me say that although i am 100% against this illegal war and occupation.... even i thought (as im sure the whole world did), that saddam possessed these weapons

However after the war began a number of things didnt make sense....

If saddam possessed biological and chemical weapons.... why didnt he use them against an invading army.... He has used them before against the iranians and the kurds..... and god knows the states werent so noble either... they used cluster bombs and depleted uranium.....

Im aware of the reason that rumsfield said.... that during the first stages of the war saddam destroyed his weapons... but that is the most pathetic and inconsistent piece of *&%$ i ever heard

As the war progressed it bacame increasingly clear he didnt have them....

also hans blix (the UN chief of weapons inspection in iraq and whos new book came out .,... which i reccomend to everyone to read) stated that non will be found and it appears that indeed they iraqis destroyed there weapons

weapons experts after the 'liberation' came and went into iraq either quitting or retiring and no weapons were found

so if any were discovered now.... i think that the people who would believe these allegations must be extremely naive....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Is taking virtual bets on this topic allowed?

The odds for this happening before November?

Place your bets?

Advertisement