Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP mobo's and Zalman 7000al-cu

Options
  • 20-04-2004 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Im in the process of selling my games/file server.

Im going to put together another Athlon box for the same purpose and to have as a 3rd games machine. The Athlon I have now is a xp2800 on a NF7 mobo. I know the NF7 isn't compatible with the Zalman so I was wondering does anyone have this Heatsink and fan on their amd chip? and what board are you using.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

http://test.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/cnps7000a-462_motherboard_list_eng.html

Try the link above that should tell you exactly what motherboards will be ok or not !!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

If ya want to use that HSF with your NF7 (v2.0 yeah?) you could always do what i did and lop off the end of the mounting arm. The piece that's blocked by the caps near the cpu socket. You only need the mounting hole closest to the heatsink and it's still strong enough after. Worked swell :)

Advertisement