Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig in Galway

Options
  • 20-04-2004 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:) 'BUSKERS' acoustic night at Busker Browne's Tuesday April 27 at 8pm

Galway's well-established acoustic night continues at Busker Browne's acoustic room. The acoustic sessions have featured in the past Mundy, Damien Rice, Josh Ritter, The Devlins, Albert Niland, Martin Finke, Charis and others

This month featuring:

Ultan Conlon
    www.ultanconlon.com
    Loughrea, Co. Galway singer-songwriter Ultan Conlon will perform material from his forthcoming debut EP 'Ultan'. "Ultan Conlon is an artist with guts and clarity that an older person would only achieve by years of constant gigging. His blend of acoustic rock is immensely popular" Jon Richards, Galway Bay FM

Sabrina Dinan
    Sabrina is originally from Ennis, Co. Clare but has been based in Galway for many years. She has toured Ireland and Australia. Headlined October Arts in Ennis Festival 2003 alongside Andy Irvine and the 4 of Us. Has played support to Mundy, Paddy Casey, Roesy, Relish and many more.

And

Ger Wolfe
    www.gerwolfe.com
    As seen on RTE’s Other Voices: Songs From A Room. Much admired by Christy Moore. "While other singer/songwriters might weigh down such personal songs with a barren sense of profundity or pretentiousness, Wolfe pares down the analyses to a series of effective lyrical strokes "(Irish Times)

(Plus, surprise special guest to be announced on the night)

Cover charge: 5 Euro

Buskers takes place on the last Tuesday of every month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Erm...

Wow!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tribal

Hey Clown,
    If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all! Obviously you're on this message board to pull the piss and don't give a ****e about music. Find a more constructive message board to log on to - may I suggest www.tosser.com

P.S. Buskers isn't a marketing ploy - it's a night run by musicians for musicians. Get a life my tone deaf friend!

Yes clearly which is why my first post on the messageboard which is for a DUBLIN BASED Radio station where most of the audience are eh DUBLIN BASED was for a gig in Galway :rolleyes:

You clearly didn't do your reasearch and if you're going to fling insults make sure you pick your fights better.

I'm very much aware that Phantom is a Dublin based radio station catering for a Dublin based audience. However, I felt that it was important that people knew what was going on beyond The Pale.
    I'm not here to pick fights but I felt 'marketing degree at clown college' comment was uncalled for. Anybody who is involved in independent music in Ireland or beyond are all in the same boat and it is imperative that they help each other. If artists don't have a major label behind them then the only alternative is try and get their stuff out there some way - be it independent releases or live gigs.
    As I said, I'm not here to pick fights. Just to let people know what's going on. After all a great proportion of Phantom listeners are people from rural areas living in Dublin. An east versus west or Dubs versus Culchies debate wouldn't benefit anyone. If music's good it needs to be heard - whether it's from Dublin, Galway, Tullamore, Timbuktu. Wars of words won't get us anywhere.
    Slainte
    Tribal

For future reference this might be a good spot for you to market yourself... the NUIG forums.

Also under the Music heading here Might be a good spot too...

[edit] Just be warned that most boards don't take kindly to people spamming to promote gigs and considering your first post was to promote this gig and you've contributed nothing further to this board on any music discussion I think it was fair of me to assume you were another spammy gig whore... that's all I'm going to say on the matter.[/edit]

• Advertisement

Many thanks,
    Tribal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

ah nothin like a good scrap
    anyhow i thinkye both have a point as a man from Galway meself i check out this board all the time as i listen to phantom on the net as im sure do lots of other galwegians and it should be a good gig ultan conlon is pretty good
    tribal maybe u should add a bit more to the forums it takes a bit of accepting around here, and i for one would like to here about gigs in Galway

Hi,
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I've been really busy with afore mentioned gig. It went really well and bodes well for further nights of the same in Galway. As you said, our Dublin based friend does have a point though there's no harm in accepting music from all corners of Ireland. Please contact: thevarietyclub@hotmail.com for details of upcoming gigs in Galway.
    Phantom FM has always been brilliant for making people aware of new and innovative Irish music - let's hope that doesn't change.
    Tribal

Advertisement