Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Suggestion:Takeshis Castle

Options
  • 20-04-2004 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else find this wild and wacky Japanese show fun?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Oh dear god. :rolleyes:

Does it really have a fan base? Could it not be discussed under Arts -> Television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

the General would approve of its own forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Ruu
    the General would approve of its own forum :)

I don't. I have seen a few episodes, yes it is funny but it can be discussed under Television as Rabies as already stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

:( fair enough so hehe

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Grunt The Gorrilla says:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by DeVore
    Grunt The Gorrilla says:

Tsk Dev and his hair. rarrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great show, but it's own forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

nothing better than turning on the TV at the end of a hard days work to find dozens of Japanese people badly hurting themselves in the name of fun. It's quite possible to laugh at that show until one's lungs explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what time/channel is this show on?
    (i miss digiguide :()

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's on Challenge I think which is on Sky Digital. Good show but watch one and you've pretty much seen the series.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Canadian version of it is infinitely funnier then the European version. They completely discard the soundtrack and voice over the entire thing again , making it up as they go along. I had to stop watching it because laughing so hard hurt my leg!

It is a good show but as Amp says, seen one and you pretty much have seen all of them.... have they EVER succeeded in storming the castle? They always get obliterated at the end as far as I can see...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think I saw it once where they got through, but maybe I imagined that.

Craig Charles just isn't funny on the voice overs.

Craig Charles is rarely funny on anything but Red Dwarf and even then its often the supporting cast making him look good.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's not like there are going to be any more made. It's what, 15 years since they stopped making it?

Which Takeshi's Castle character are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the television forum is obviously overflowing with posts about this already :rolleyes:.

excellent show tho. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Watching that show makes me want to beat Craig Charles into a wimpering wreck. It is funny though, but not big enough for its own board.

They did storm the castle once, and then the next week they switched roles - the monsters and Takeshi's soldiers had to storm it with the contestants trying to keep them out.

Advertisement