Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new tune... trip-hoppy downtempo kinda vibe

• 21-04-2004 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

H3lx - Reprieve

thats just the instrumental version, doing vocal versions as soon as i find a female vocalist with a strong yet subtle voice, think i might have found her but have to hear a proper demo first

anyway all this new downtempo stuff is early work im doin for my first album, so slightly different to any of that technoey stuff i was doing in the past, thats just for fun more than anythin else

i dunno how many of you on here are into this kinda stuff, but you never know i spose

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Very nice track. Good vocals will finish it off nicely.
    Mixwise the percussion is nice and clear but a (small) few more fills wouldn't go amiss imho.
    I'd spread the whole mix out a little too, it seems very centered. Also add a longer reverb tail to the Epiano, and move it back a little, maybe pan it harder right use a <30ms delay panned middle/a little left from it to stretch it without blotting out the mainbeat.
    Great work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeh i havent processed too much, and havent played around with a stereo spread yet or eqd much as theres not really much point until i know the range of the vocalist, coz thats gonna determine whats feasible and whats not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

nice warm feel to it... as creed said you might want to do a few more nifty little edits for those drums, they dont really seem to progress or evolve much throughout the tune... lovely melodic side to it though, and a nice melancholic feel. :thumbup:

Advertisement