Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Awards 2004

• 21-04-2004 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Is it like the oscars with nominees and everything?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

No, no one really gives a **** about the student awards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

huh? never even heard of the student awards........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I didn't really know bout student awards either. Was just wandering round college wasting time as usual and saw some notice bout it or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 D'oh!

so what the point of them?

Think there for students who actually do well academically. There should be an alternative student awards with different catergories like slacking, drinking, etc. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I think it's a pretty good idea to acnowledge the students who do really well in their own fields, It could be good if you're looking for a job to be able to say "hey i kick ass, my college even says so". What exactly do you win though?

I have no idea!:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

a gold star ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

surely the gold stars are reserved for people with Dr. in front of their name, like my networking lecturer who didnt know the differences or relationships between a mac address and an ip address until a few months into the course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

If it was the Enterprise Ireland awards that you were on about, then they are important at least for the people who got that far. They were held in carlow on tues/wed, €40,000 in prize pool, stuff in the papers, on TV and on radio, support from Enterprise Ireland to start your own business straight out of college, and an awesome thing to have on your CV. Some team from Cork IT won it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nearly all colleges have award ceremonies for the academically inclined every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Nearly all colleges have award ceremonies for the academically inclined every year

yep i rember going to these was a deadly excuse to get into a tux .

Advertisement