Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exams Location

• 21-04-2004 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

My final exams are all in the carlow lawn tennis club. Where the hell is that?:confused: I didn't even know carlow had a tennis club until i saw my exam tabletable!:dunno:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

most of us dont know yet

its somewhere out on the way to dublin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Thanks for the link to that other thread. Didn't know there was another thread on the tennis club. I read some of them. It's ridiclious having it that far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

All my exams last year were in the poxy CBS. Fairly irritating when you're trying to concentrate with the sound of screaming kids in the background.
    This year I've already done them in some room in the business block :cool:

ah, man! I had mine in the CBS last year. I'd happily take them there again now instead of this tennis club after hearing who much more difficult it is to get to!:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i pity the people living in college gardens, bullock park or southern gardens, them people have to walk for about 30-50minutes to get to the place. what a let down, find a house close to college to find out you need to pay some taxi driver a tenner to get to the exams so that your on time. either that or get up 7am. also pissed off with the fact that it's about 20 minutes away from my house, what a stupid place to pick for the exams. exhaust the students for when they arrive or make them throw away their money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

is everyone doing their exams in the tennis club or just computer students?

by the way, everyone can just stay in dempseys house, coz the tennis club is at the back of his house. he told me to tell everyone they're invited. with free drink supplied by dempsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Originally posted by The_B_Man

Business students, and other such scum get to do theirs in the college itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

I think 3 rd and 4th years sholud get prferance, they know we re here for the long hall but newbies might not be but still we get done, and their sittin pretty!

Yeah, people who have been here longer should get to so exams in college. Giving preference to the business students! This is the 2nd yr running. Why don't they just give them their degrees and get it over with!:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

it's a sorry state of affairs when everyone complains about a ten minute walk.

not that i'm happy about it either.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kiith
    it's a sorry state of affairs when everyone complains about a ten minute walk.

not that i'm happy about it either.

Yeah Kiith what planet are you on????

Oh and anyone hoping to catch a bus for the trip home is ****ed!! This is total ****e!!

But of course, "We wont be able to do anything about it now, we 'll change it next year"! My arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Well I drove out to look for it, so I can tell ya where it is!!

But I where in carlow do ya know??

Everyone knows where the CBS is right??
    Well come out of the CBS and turn RIGHT (If you turn left you'll be heading towards The train station). Walk town to the next junction where the hospital is and turn right. Walk out that road quite a but till ya come to a bad right hand bend in the road. Right on this bend is where you turn off. Theres a small road/lane way to the left. It's a residential area with Tall trees all around it. Walk to the end of that road and the tennis club is on your right.

Originally posted by ShayK1
    Well I drove out to look for it, so I can tell ya where it is!!

But I where in carlow do ya know??

Everyone knows where the CBS is right??
    Well come out of the CBS and turn RIGHT (If you turn left you'll be heading towards The train station). Walk town to the next junction where the hospital is and turn right. Walk out that road quite a but till ya come to a back right hand bend in the road. Right on this bend is where you turn off. Theres a small road/lane way to the left. It's a residential area with Tall trees all around it. Walk to the end of that road and the tennis club is on your right.

Does this look anyway right Shay???
    map.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Yeah thats kinda it!!
    I have a bitmap map drawn but it's too big to attach

Did ya try upload to brinster or a member page then link to it, ah you prob have tried already, Ah sur i'm sure we'll find it! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Save it as a jpeg, it should be small enough to attach then, unless its absolutely massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

why dont you get onto the student onion (i still dont think they deserve the union tag,as they have not done much for students this year...) about this? stage a protest of some form like no one attend the exams ( they cant fail you all... ).

Seriously now is the time to act on it. the longer you leave it the harder it is for the college to do anything.

And Bitch to the college.e-mail your complaints to whoever is in charge of your departement.

hold the protest in dublin ?
    As all the good places in carlow taken....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by The_B_Man

by the way, everyone can just stay in dempseys house, coz the tennis club is at the back of his house. he told me to tell everyone they're invited. with free drink supplied by dempsey.

The B_Man can sleep out on the lawn, he aint getting in the door:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

here it is, i live in carlow

• Advertisement

thankin' you ... so turning after railway station [if walking towards the town] i take it ...

Thanks, man. I didn't know it was on past the cbs and i thought that was a walk.:dunno:

Advertisement