Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choking on Bit Torrent

• 21-04-2004 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to me that while I'm connected to loads of people nearly are have me choaked, why? thing is this is happening on files where I have a share ratio > 1 as well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

That could very well be the problem.

If i remember correctly, you become "choked" when you send data to someone at less than 300bytes a second. They mark you as being unreliable, and won't send you data.

If your client allows it, make sure your max upload on the torrent is limited to 10% less than your max upload on your connection. Also, limit the number of peers you upload to, to a number that will allow them to get more than 1k a second off you.

Alternatively change client. I was always choked when i used Azereus (when i was trying it out) but with Burst, i was fine, and could download without problems.

Advertisement