Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane in Friendlies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by hoolio
    So anyway if Roy at least travels when he's properly fit and gives us a half here and there in friendlies i think that's all we can expect from him.And tbh all we could expect of any player his age and with his medical record.

Well I can understand what your saying but I don't think Keane is more likely than other players to sustain injury.

I mean Duffo has being plauged this season so thats a risk to all players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

True but Duff isn't 32 years old.And even if Keane didn't have a dodgy hip central midfield is the most tiring position so any player his age needs to take it more slowly to avoid serious injury/burn out.It's inevitable that he won't be racing around for 90 minutes and to ask him to do so would be crazy imo.

We do have a pretty young team at the minute and the older guys are slowly appearing less and less,Cunningham is the only 30+ player thats starts afaik.Anyway i'll stop rambling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Given Keanes situation, he has to play some part in most friendlies. He wont just be able to walk back into the team like nothing happened, also its a bit rich that apparently the new tougher program during friendlies was undertaken after consultation with him and he wouldnt even show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Waylander
    This is what I was disagreeing with Sean. By the way I would say that the Polish facilities would not be nearly as good as the Swiss ones. I think the Swiss FA would have alot more money to spend then its Polish equivalent. As I say eireboy there is so much chopping and changing in these freindlies now that I do not think there is much of a team building benefit. Also he has played with all members of the first team plenty of times before with the possible exception of Clinton Morrison.
    Well they would be closer to the swiss that the likes of georgia or other east european countries . ( and The majority of central european countries south or east of them . ) Also 32000 capaciaty stadium But then agin capaciaty has nothing to do with the quality of the stadium .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Yes but Ronaldo isn't a Center Midfielder is he. Let me remind you of the Center Midfielders currently at United, Keane, Scholes, Butt, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson and Phil Neville(appears to be his primary position now) and then you have Miller.

Yeah Irish1, sorry you are right. Dunno what I was thinking. They probably wont play together at all next season. they will just be at the same club, and part of the same international setup. On the Mc Grath thing I have asked you for your opinion several times and you still have not given me an answer so I assumed that you were reluctant to criticise that situation. I am sure at the time you were up in arms about the fact that a man who was told he may need a wheel chair within a few years of retiring was not forced to play in vital freindlies!

Yeah Irish1, sorry you are right. Dunno what I was thinking. They probably wont play together at all next season. they will just be at the same club, and part of the same international setup.

You've gone from saying
    And by the way, I know that Liam Miller will be playing beside him week in week out
    to
    He will play fairly regularly next season I have no doubts about that
    and now to
    they will just be at the same club, and part of the same international setup

Which one do you believe??

On the Mc Grath thing I have asked you for your opinion several times and you still have not given me an answer so I assumed that you were reluctant to criticise that situation. I am sure at the time you were up in arms about the fact that a man who was told he may need a wheel chair within a few years of retiring was not forced to play in vital freindlies!

At the time I was a teenager and didn't really know what was going on that is why I haven't stated my opinon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

irish1 - I presume Waylander was being sarcastic in his last comments. Miller and Keane will more than likely play together a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

At the time I was a teenager and didn't really know what was going on that is why I haven't stated my opinon!

Pretty easy get out there. Well nothing seems to have changed much, except you are not a teenager anymore. Next time I am making a sarcastic remark I will not make the assumption you have the wherewithall to figure it out for yourself, I will ensure it is in bright red writing with (SARCASTIC REMARK) after it just so you will know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stop the childish bickering.....take a look at my sig....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by seansouth
    stop the childish bickering.....take a look at my sig....

Yeah, Waylander just let Irish1 have the last word or this thread will never end! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    Yeah, Waylander just let Irish1 have the last word or this thread will never end! :rolleyes:

the last word;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

the very last word :P

Advertisement