Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A great Pasta Dish - Please try

• 21-04-2004 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Right, this may be fattening, but not too bad if u eat early in the day and then work it out, i myself find it delicious.

If you do decide to try it, please keep me up to date in what u think

Please note that this is made for a large batch amount, adjust it to suit your needs.

Ingredients

Pasta Fusilli(whatever amount you need) - I get cheap pasta from tescos
    2 large onions - chopped
    pack of 10 frankfurts - i dice them all and mix them with the onions in a bowl
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Tub of Garlic Sauce
    Port Salut - Cheese, I dice a block into squares
    8 Uncle Bens stir in Sweet Pepper flavour

Cooking Method

1. Boil your pasta
    2. Fry your onions & frankfurts in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil
    3. When pasta is done - pour out rest of water.
    4. Turn off cooker now (if onions & frankfurts are cooked already)
    5. Add in the cooked onions and frankfurts, port salut cheese, garlic sauce and mix.
    6. Pour in the Uncle Bens sauce straight from the carton, pour one at a time and keep mixing until all the pasta is covered in the sauce. Note: you dont have to put in all the 8 cartons depends on how much pasta there is or how thick you want it.
    9. Give everything a good mix
    10. I usually divide up the dish and put into microwable dishes and then just freeze them, then when you get hungry just pop it into the microwave for about 6 minutes giving it a quick stir half way through.

Voila

I hope you enjoy this dish, please let me know what you think.
    Obviosuly peoples tastes differ

Mel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

Any tried yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I can't cook man. Even if i could, it sounds like alot of work. I just like pasta, plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sounds tasty so I think I'll try it this afternoon/evening, assuming i can find garlic sauce somewhere. I dont remember seeing garlic sauce before.

Hi John,

The Garlic Sauce would be around where all the made up salad bowls are in the supermarket. It would normally be in a tub, you just squeeze some of the garlic out.

Thanks Mel. Guess I'd better go shopping so :)

• Advertisement

Enjoy, Make sure you make large batches. That will fatten you up.
    Im starting to get the craving, oh well i think its off to the supermarket also.

John,

any luck with that dish.

Yeah, I made it on saturday and thought it was very tasty :D
    I'm going to have to add it to my rotation :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mmm pasta aahhhhhhhhahhahahh:p

Advertisement